XP Deus conductivity scale for US targets

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got myself a new Deus today. Didn't get a chance to use it yet, so that report is going to have to wait. I did have some time to play with it indoors however, so I got some coins and trash and put together a conductivity scale for both. The Deus has four frequencies that can be used interchangeably (albeit one at a time) with it's nine programs. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the only thing that has any effect on the tid is the frequency that is being used at the time, so rather than run a conductivity test on each program, which would have been redundant, I ran a test on each frequency. Here are the results. I hope that my fellow US Deus owners (all four of them :D) can use this.

Attachments

• Deus scale 1.JPG
    Deus scale 1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 13,368
  • Deus trash.JPG
    Deus trash.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 10,649
OP
OP
mrwilburino

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, after a few hunts I'm finding that bottle caps in the ground will give a positive audio coin ID. It also may give an iron buzz but not always. Visual ID hovers around the quarter range but will jump around a lot. The square tabs that I've been coming across have been hitting in the upper nickel range. Coins give a pretty solid, stable ID while most trash does not.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrwilburino said:
Ok, after a few hunts I'm finding that bottle caps in the ground will give a positive audio coin ID. It also may give an iron buzz but not always. Visual ID hovers around the quarter range but will jump around a lot. The square tabs that I've been coming across have been hitting in the upper nickel range. Coins give a pretty solid, stable ID while most trash does not.

I am also waiting get my own Xp Deus in this week. :hello2:

You can try to identify them with the front of the dd coil, i tried it with my Friend Xp Deus and it seems to work just fine.

OP
OP
mrwilburino

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're gonna love the Deus, it just has so many features that make it a blast to hunt with. :icon_thumright:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey...Thanks for the VDI scale...it matches my experience pretty well. Oddly I get nickles varying sometimes....to 55 (I remember cause it's double nickle) which makes me think I'm getting those at the 12K frequency maybe. I'll have to pay more attention.

I posted on the Dankowski site about disc'ing out small foil at 33. This was the biggest help to my nerves. Hearing the constant hits on my local beach was driving me batty. The .35 nugget also comes in at VDI of 35. At the nugget hunting I'll run the disc down to high teens or twenties.

What kind of hunting do you do? I'm not doing well IDing deep signals in the turf...how about you?

Regards, Joe

OP
OP
mrwilburino

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mostly coin hunt; parks, yards, grass strips, whatever I can get into. For deep targets I try to rely on the audio. As I'm sure you know, VID may not register on the deeper stuff. Sometimes a deep signal will read into the high 90's (where iron can sometimes fall). The guys on the UK forum say to always dig those signals. The audio seems to be the key. I use four tones: One for iron (keeping the disc at ten), the next for the foil/nickel range, the third for tabs/zincs/screw caps, and the fourth for the high coin range (copper/clad/silver). If I'm in an older area I might widen the high coin range to accept indians. As long as I have them all adjusted right, coins will usually give a solid vid and a good single tone in their respective range while most trash items will give a jumpy vid and a two tone sound. I did notice that my nickel count is down. Not sure if they might be reading differently in the ground than they are in the air. Anyway, the Deus really seems to give a lot of information in the audio, it's just a matter of interpreting it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you get your XP in the states or have to send over seas for them ?

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eager to hear more about the machine.

OP
OP
mrwilburino

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy- Mine came straight from France. I think that it was one of a handfull that were originally sold to US customers to generate interest. They are now selling them at metaldetector.com and the list price is a LOT more than I paid for it.

Slasher- as soon as I get more time in with it I will pass on what I learned.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
mrwilburino said:
Keppy- Mine came straight from France. I think that it was one of a handfull that were originally sold to US customers to generate interest. They are now selling them at metaldetector.com and the list price is a LOT more than I paid for it.

Slasher- as soon as I get more time in with it I will pass on what I learned.
Thanks i will check them out........

BarryInNY

Jun 11, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, BLISSTOOL, E-Trac, White's DF, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the charts - I was thinking that I would need to do this myself.

gresults

Jun 19, 2012
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
FISHER Coinstrike, XP Deus , DetecorPro Pirate Pro, Tesoro Cortes.. Dealer for all these lines.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the information I just became a dealer for the Deus in Houston, Texas and waiting on my first batch, I have liked everything I have read about them and can't wait to try it out as well.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus xp is an awesome machine & like ive said to date it was my absolute favorite machine to use, havent been able to try the f75ltd out yet but still deus is #1 for me in my book,
What helped me is to go threw all ur finds get some iron,junk,silver,gold,coins foreign american pull.tabs all of it & start practicing waving them infront of the coil,the deus is by far more of a tone machine then the vdi, dont rely on vdi it can & will trick you makin you Miss those good targets practice ur sounds it will pay off guys good luck & congrates im jealous lol

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mostly coin hunt; parks, yards, grass strips, whatever I can get into. For deep targets I try to rely on the audio. As I'm sure you know, VID may not register on the deeper stuff. Sometimes a deep signal will read into the high 90's (where iron can sometimes fall). The guys on the UK forum say to always dig those signals. The audio seems to be the key. I use four tones: One for iron (keeping the disc at ten), the next for the foil/nickel range, the third for tabs/zincs/screw caps, and the fourth for the high coin range (copper/clad/silver). If I'm in an older area I might widen the high coin range to accept indians. As long as I have them all adjusted right, coins will usually give a solid vid and a good single tone in their respective range while most trash items will give a jumpy vid and a two tone sound. I did notice that my nickel count is down. Not sure if they might be reading differently in the ground than they are in the air. Anyway, the Deus really seems to give a lot of information in the audio, it's just a matter of interpreting it.

How do you set your tones like that? I really like that.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread