XP Deus batteries?

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deus has a lithium battery in the coil, another in the remote, and a third in the headset. Can they be easily changed out if they go bad or is this a case of sending it to the importer for "repair"?

Storm

Everything has a 2 year warranty. Anything that goes wrong (within limits), is repaired under warranty here in the states. Detector Electronics Corp sent repair techs to France for 6 months working along side of XP's techs. They are highly skilled. Lithium batteries are not like Ni-cads. They don't retain a "memory". You can use them to 1/2 (or less) charge and simply recharge them. Also they are projected to last over 3 years and still hold an 80% charge. (With no loss of funtion.)

I've never had a control box or headphones go bad. I believe the batteries in the Control Box and Headphones can be replaced. (However, right now, this should be done by their technicians, to not void the warranty.) The coil battery, can't be replaced. It's a sealed, water tight unit.

I hope this helps. Charlotte49er (Brian @ Gold Rush Guys)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a big pain in the rear to me … Now i know i will never get that detector……….Deus..:cussing::BangHead: What a messed up deal on the batteries

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let that 5 minutes of work throw ya I mean I had a lot of machines & the deus is still my top its very very hard to beat, & the battery thing that's not an everyday day not even a year thing more like 4-5 years. Think about it k ur average detector messes up what can you do send it in 3 weeks later you got it back, then theres the what do you do you spent all ur hard earned money on a top of the line machine thinkin you got the best, 1 month later they pop out with an up grade for it now ur stuck.with the lower one, not the deus xp plug in to ur computer 5 minutes later now you again have the top dog

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Keppy,
The coil battery can be self changed, but it would be best to have XP do it to insure waterproofing and not to void any warranty.
I've had my XP Deus for over two years ( bought used ) and have never had any issues with it or it's batteries.. Knock wood.
XP Americas will take very good care of any problem that arises with the Deus.
Turn around time has been less than two weeks for most all repairs.

It would be interesting to hear how long users have had their Deus and how many have had battery problems???

Don't let the battery thing scare you.
Battery charge lasts all day (10-12hrs.)
I've hunted short hunts (2-3hrs.) 3 to 4 times a week with out charging and could still hunt more hours.
This is one of the very best machines on the market.
Although expensive, as time goes by you will be telling yourself it was worth it!!

HH

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was quoted $50 parts and labor to change battery in coil and they said they have yet to have any go bad......Figure they are gonna last at least 5 years as that is warranty for them. Also in the UK they are going on longer than that...So it really is a non issue I would say.

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen the same & they also have a non Memory battery so you can charge it up anytime you want, it does last a Very Very Long time

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That battery change to the coil looked easier than I thought it would... but it still would be best done by the factory.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That battery change to the coil looked easier than I thought it would... but it still would be best done by the factory.

It does look easy, but I'm certainly not going to take a razor to my coil! I'll leave it to the pros, because if they mess it up, I'll get a new coil at no charge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread