Questions about the Dues XP?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Questions about the Deus XP

I've been looking at the Deus XP and thinking about getting one,but I have a few questions about it? Is it water proof,not that I'm going to take it water hunting,but I do hunt in wet conditions a lot lately,like drizzle,to light rain. The second question I have is,does it have a target depth indicator? I use a ATP and have really got used to looking at the target depth,to help figure out if the target is large. Sometimes you get a good reading,with a shallow depth number. If it's a coin,you can raise the coil and loose the signal,but if it still gives you a signal with the coil raised about 6 inches,it's most likely a alum,can,or top of one. I can also tell the target depth by the strength of the signal sound also,dose the Deus XP do this? Thanks. Ron

Last edited:

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil is waterproof, but while the headphones are not scared of a little rain, the remote needs somekind of protective cover. Xp Deus have a sort of a target signal strength indicator, that act as a depth meter. Of course the Xp deus sound gets weaker and stronger depending how close the target is.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,Digger82!:thumbsup: I'm not so sure it would be my main go to machine,if it's rain shy!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,Digger82!:thumbsup: I'm not so sure it would be my main go to machine,if it's rain shy!:laughing7:

Come on grab one up to we can b the dúo with these lol.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just hide the headphones under a raincoat and you are good to go. Also there are good waterproof Iphone pouches available, that you can use to protect the remote.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on grab one up to we can b the dúo with these lol.
Yeah.I'm leani'n really hard in that direction,but the ATP has me spoiled. It's hard to not use a "bad boy" that isn't afraid of any weather conditions!:laughing7: Dosen't seem like it would be hard for them to "weather proof" the control head?

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just hide the headphones under a raincoat and you are good to go. Also there are good waterproof Iphone pouches available, that you can use to protect the remote.:thumbsup:

Yeah,thats what I do with my ATP now. I just carry a poncho along,and throw it over me,the head phones stay on my ears inside the hood. You would think the control unit would be sealed? Those guy's in the UK use their md's in foggy/wet conditions?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have mine to & ill get rid of the v3i & the deus b for I sell the Atpro I just like options some may say y but I say y not there r gun collectors coin collectors car collectors y not metal detector collectors in my mind in my opinión myself these 3, best of all worlds r there others with different options yes do i look & think about adding oh ya lol its all just a hobby I like I like the equipment I have makes me smile my wifes isnt to keen on what its cost but it keeps me happy good luck just look around deals r out there

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have mine to & ill get rid of the v3i & the deus b for I sell the Atpro I just like options some may say y but I say y not there r gun collectors coin collectors car collectors y not metal detector collectors in my mind in my opinión myself these 3, best of all worlds r there others with different options yes do i look & think about adding oh ya lol its all just a hobby I like I like the equipment I have makes me smile my wifes isnt to keen on what its cost but it keeps me happy good luck just look around deals r out there
Yeah,I have 2 gun safes,and both are full!:laughing7: I guess MD's are the same! One for every condition. The other day when I was hunting that old school,it was misting rain. The ATP looked like a mud ball,but when I got home,I just sprayed it off with the garden hose,and it was clean as a whistle again,gotta love that!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& thats y ill get rid of any of my others bfor that one its just to versitle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread