Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Issue: No bars on the mineralization scale and G.B. Fail 99.9% of the time when pumping.

It seems that regardless of the ground…sod, dry sand, wet sand…I never get any bars on the mineralization strength scale. Additionally, regardless of the factory program selected, when I select the pumping mode, I always get a G.B. Fail sign even though there are no targets indicated in the area I am doing the pumping. Only one time out of all the attempts did I get a G.B. OK.

The Ground Mineralization Index seems to be working OK as the numbers change.

I live in central Florida and we really don’t have any “hot rocks” to speak of around my area and I’m using software version 3.2.

I’m wondering if anyone can shed some light on possible explanations.

Thanks

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you removed your coil cover and cleaned everything lately?

I have issues when I switch to tracking, doesn't fail but takes at least a minute to correct itself, jumps right to 63 every time.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Have you removed your coil cover and cleaned everything lately?

I have issues when I switch to tracking, doesn't fail but takes at least a minute to correct itself, jumps right to 63 every time.

Yep, clean as a whistle. I went out and tried it again. By reducing the sensitivity from 90 to 60, I was able to get a G.B. OK about 30% of the time....much better than before. Several times when I got an OK, I tried it again at the same location, same settings and got a Fail, tried it again and sometimes would get an OK. Only ever had 1 bar on the mineralization strength scale at best. The soil mineralization here in my area of FL must be very low. Most times the index indicates numbers at or close to 90 so it seems tracking and manual will be my best bet. I'll also ask XP America and see what they think.

Thank you....

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's the case I think you can just run it at 90 all the time, so says the book. I wish I was in FL right now, 6" of snow today here, glad I got out last night. GL

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I spoke with Andy Sabisch this afternoon and he answered my question. It seems if the ground has very low or no mineralization as indicated by the strength bar, the pumping option will not work and will always fail. The lack of mineralization negates the need for GB. After he explained it to me, it made perfect sense.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting - maybe that's part of my issue, I will try pumping and see if I have your problem, thanks for sharing the info from Andy.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Andy also said that in low or no mineralization areas one should use tracking or manual GB. If manual, go about 2 numbers below what the top number reads to achieve best sensitivity and performance.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy also said that in low or no mineralization areas one should use tracking or manual GB. If manual, go about 2 numbers below what the top number reads to achieve best sensitivity and performance.

Tracking is your best friend on that machine unless you really speak the XP language and like to squeeze the last tiny little bit out of it. I personally would rather let the machine do the work as ground conditions can change sometimes in a foot or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions