Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Deus users,

I need to check my Deus on a plane. Do you know of a "case" that works well for this application?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Only person I know that has $100 bills so old Franklin is a teenager in picture. Man dust off that wallet and buy yourself a case to protect that investment.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Only person I know that has $100 bills so old Franklin is a teenager in picture. Man dust off that wallet and buy yourself a case to protect that investment.

I was going to tape it up in a cardboard box and let her rip!

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not put it in a backpack. For protection, just wrap it up in clothing you are going to take anyways. Then just do carry on.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not going to matter what you put it in because some airline baggage handler will be using it the following week as you stare at the airlines $100 check for lost baggage.

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the past I have carried up to three detectors higgledy-piggledy in the back of the car with little regard for protection. I’m not proud of that! After a slight mishap I have realised that even the most robust of detectors can experience damage after this kind of mishandling. Having learned the hard way, I now take more care when transporting my machine.

“Such an expensive detector deserves to be treated with care and respect,” says my friend who recently bought a Deus and came up with a great solution for protecting his investment whilst transporting to a dig. He purchased an aluminium carry case with a foam insert that can be cut to shape the contents — the sort often used by photographers.

I reckon this is just the job for safely carrying a machine and a perfect solution. Hope that helps.

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go for it and buy a deus travel case for 150.00

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is the Deus travel case, which looks like a good one. There is also a Plano bow case that folks have modified to carry a detector. I would do a search for "plano" and see if it will come up. I think the Plano can be had for under $100. You could also try to research Pelican cases, but I bet one that is big enough to fit the lower rod, will be more expensive than the Deus travel case.

Choctawmongo

Jan 15, 2015
Tombstone
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found used pelican cases on ebay for about $120 that I packed my Safari in and didn't worry about the airlines messing up my detector. You could probably find a pelican case cheaper due to the Dues being so compact. Spend the money and save on worry!

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the input gentlemen. I did it the lazy way and just ordered the Deus hard case. Best of luck to all of you!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Tom,
I just returned from Maui and took my Deus with me to hunt the beaches between fruity drinks..
I removed the lower shaft from my 11" coil to shorten it up a bit and packed it all in my checked luggage after a good cleaning.
I even have a collapsible sand scoop packed in there too.
I roll my clothe and tuck/stuff it around the coil, upper shaft and arm cuff and scoop.
I put a piece of black tap over the blinking light on the coil and include the manual on top of the clothe incase they do an inspection.
My luggage is medium size, just a bit bigger than max checked luggage.
I haven't had a problem yet or even a question.
Save the $150 for cocktails....

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,
I just returned from Maui and took my Deus with me to hunt the beaches between fruity drinks..
I removed the lower shaft from my 11" coil to shorten it up a bit and packed it all in my checked luggage after a good cleaning.
I even have a collapsible sand scoop packed in there too.
I roll my clothe and tuck/stuff it around the coil, upper shaft and arm cuff and scoop.
I put a piece of black tap over the blinking light on the coil and include the manual on top of the clothe incase they do an inspection.
My luggage is medium size, just a bit bigger than max checked luggage.
I haven't had a problem yet or even a question.
Save the $150 for cocktails....

I already ordered it. Not a big issue, as I have more dollars than sense!

I would indeed like to have a drink, however, I had to give it up because I am such drunk. Please enjoy a nice bourbon on the rocks for me!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I commend you for your strength.
I owned a Saloon for 30 years and saw more than a few that didn't.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already ordered it. Not a big issue, as I have more dollars than sense!

I would indeed like to have a drink, however, I had to give it up because I am such drunk. Please enjoy a nice bourbon on the rocks for me!

I think it is a good investment. You can pack your machine in there and throw in all the extra stuff in there also like the batteries and chargers. If you ever sell it, you can about make your money back. I would pay $100 for a good used box.

chazzcage

Nov 12, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone actually taken the Deus carry case on as carry on luggage as the measurements are a little over the listed measurements for the airlines. I swear the case looks smaller than some carry on luggage but hate to get to the airport and told I can't carry on.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone actually taken the Deus carry case on as carry on luggage as the measurements are a little over the listed measurements for the airlines. I swear the case looks smaller than some carry on luggage but hate to get to the airport and told I can't carry on.

I plan on checking the thing. I don't want top carry it on the plane.

chazzcage

Nov 12, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,
You sure about that? I would be more concerned checking it versus carry on. Checked luggage like that goes "missing" all the time. It is so light I would rather do carry one but like I said the case sold as the official case is slightly over the allowed but still looks smaller than many carry on luggage.

Chazz

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the concern Chazz... however, I am way too lazy to carry that case on the plane. It looks even bigger in person, than in the pictures. As is my usual practice, I will just roll the dice and hope for the best. It's a non stop flight, so hopefully, the airlines will get it right. I also plan to pack the case with items that you can not carry on the plane. It's all good! Thanks again for the concern.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread