Just started doing videos with the deus!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet video George. <<<FINALLY, The MAN, The MACHINE, The LEGEND>>>>> MORE MORE MORE.....
I really like seeing videos of the DUES in action, not just live digs, but seeing the actual machine working really helps me understand it.
Its nice when you can not only see the finds, but get information, such as seeing numbers and hearing tones.
Very nice video, KUTGW!
Nice Finds you have there...
My only suggestion would be to turn the DEUS audio up a little, it was a little hard to hear due to the car traffic.
Im not complaining, the video was very well done, but im still trying to train my ear for those sweet sounds, and hearing something you are certain about, then verifying that tone with a live dig helps me a lot.
Thanks again...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks B.P..
I really appreciate the comments.
And the next one i shoot will be for you, with more sound!!!!
George.
Ps lets hope I find some good stuff. Lol

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering when you were going to post it. Well worth the wait. Keep up the good work. Gary better watch out. Since you are taking request can you do one with a Southern accent???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering when you were going to post it. Well worth the wait. Keep up the good work. Gary better watch out. Since you are taking request can you do one with a Southern accent???

You got it!!!
Hey do you have any SWEEEET TEAAAA???

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video with the live digs and audio accompaniment - it's that sharp hits in Full tones that really helps pick coins out of trash! If you ever get down to Memphis I know a few places that have fried pickles to die for...plus some Luzianne tea (why is it rowound??) :tongue3:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video George! I have been sticking with the full tones, and made my first nice find last night. I have been pounding this spot since 2010 with a Garrett GTAX550, ATPro, and the Deus in Deus Fast. Last night, right in the middle of my most pounded area, in the iron, this Merc popped up almost glued to this big nail. Similar to the Merc/nail in your video, I was amazed to find this silver practically glued to this huge nail. I can't believe (from one direction) how beautifully it hit! Thanks for the advice you gave me on the full tones, I will definitely be using it a lot! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435975556.696953.jpg

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice J. This machine continues to surprise me.. I went back today to a site that i have pounded for the last 1year. Wasn't expecting much, but man did it pull a few keeps for me!! Ill have a new video tomorrow on it.
Way to go on the merk..
By the way what was ur disc set at??

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was running the full tones setup like we were talking about, but I raised the disc up to 4.0. It's really nasty noisy there with some power lines, and the iron junk is pretty bad. I was having tough luck in the full tones for a while, I had to up the disc a bit so I could get things figured. I feel like after many hours in full tones, I had my "eureka moment" last night lol. I will keep the settings as they are, but lower the disc next time I go out.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have sweet tea and grits here too. Hell we even have fish n grits, shrimp n grits, red beans n rice, chicken n dumplings, cornbread, and everything and anything else you could possibly ask for.
Just ate some boiled shrimp, corn, and red potatoes. Then had a few dos equis and watched the fireworks...
Went for a short hunt this evening using full tones. Man it was so noisy I had thought I had fireworks in my WS4's. No silver, but I did get a 1916S wheatie and a Mississippi tax token in an area that I thought I hunted clean with the E-trac. The wheatie was right beside some big chunks of brass.
Still waiting for my Eureka moment, but I did stay the night in a Eureka! tent the other night, but I doubt that counts...:occasion14:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I gota stop coming here late night....
The only difference between Mississippi sweet tea, and South Carolina sweet tea, is the was we say pronounce it.:laughing7:
Happy 4th everyone...

Last edited:

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Gary.
You haven't been out?
Farm fields all planted.
I'm probably done until fall. My last hunt was right after I got the 1665 cob. I just picked up a new V6 so may get out to one of the colonial beaches a few times. But thats about it I think. Unless there is a surprise hunt.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably done until fall. My last hunt was right after I got the 1665 cob. I just picked up a new V6 so may get out to one of the colonial beaches a few times. But thats about it I think. Unless there is a surprise hunt.

Ill send you a private message about the bliss.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Vino,
Great video and great finds.
I have to agree that it was a little hard to hear and as I'm trying to get used to full tones I can use all the help I can get.
One thing that most of the videos don't show is what the Deus sounds like up to the point of "Oh that's a Good one".
Most all of the videos show the spot once the target has been located.
I wander around listening to all the blurps and beeps and they seem to blend together until my mind is in overload.
Every now and then I'll hear one that locks on and it's a digable signal.
I have to add that my sites are LOADED with iron trash.
I have pulled some great things, but full tones are getting popular in sorting out the goods from the trash and I think I need to learn it.
Anyway GREAT video and finds.
Shoot more.
I can't wait to watch them.
Thanks

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino,
I have to agree that it was a little hard to hear and as I'm trying to get used to full tones I can use all the help I can get.
One thing that most of the videos don't show is what the Deus sounds like up to the point of "Oh that's a Good one".
I wander around listening to all the blurps and beeps and they seem to blend together until my mind is in overload.
I have pulled some great things, but full tones are getting popular in sorting out the goods from the trash and I think I need to learn it.
Shoot more.
Thanks

Hey HD.
Its really hard to get the sound .
I have to come up with a better way to do it. Dont want to use the speaker because the sound is not the same as with headphones.
I will do my best and get back to you guys.
George

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino,
Shoot more.
Thanks

Hope you don't mind if I chime in here, as I am new to the Deus as well. I used Deus Fast for the fist three months or so, and have just changed over to Full Tones. It was relatively easy in Deus Fast, but the full tones are definitely a different ball game. I am hitting spots that I thought were void of good targets, so the good stuff I have found in Full Tones hasn't been a clear awesome signal. I will say however, even through the insane chatter and headache inducing bleeps and grunts, the good signals shine through if you are careful. For example, last night I found a 1940 Canadian cent in a hole with three nails. Sweeping broadly over this spot before digging sounded pretty bad, but there was a nice little "peep", I locked onto it and sure enough it sounded really good when going back and forth ever so slightly. I'm saying I was moving the coil back and forth maybe an inch or so, any larger of a sweep sounded like crap. Also, the numbers on the screen mean less in these scenarios. The numbers will be jumbled up sometimes with lots of junk around, but you may hear a slight little tone that with give you the vibe to dig. Trust your ears. If it turns out to be a bottle cap, oh well...one less to dig next time! It's amazing how this machine can separate close knit targets. I enjoyed my ATPro, which was pretty good in junky areas, but I am finding things the Pro missed. I almost gave up on Full Tones, I was feeling disheartened, but then it started to make sense. I am very new at this, but it's proving to be worth putting the time into learning.

At first I was detecting in Full Tones, and then when I located a decent target signal, I'd switch over to Deus Fast and see how it sounded. I actually think this confused me even more. It was starting to talk me out of digging targets. I said screw it, stuck with the Full Tones and haven't looked back.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you don't mind if I chime in here, as I am new to the Deus as well. I used Deus Fast for the fist three months or so, and have just changed over to Full Tones. It was relatively easy in Deus Fast, but the full tones are definitely a different ball game. I am hitting spots that I thought were void of good targets, so the good stuff I have found in Full Tones hasn't been a clear awesome signal. I will say however, even through the insane chatter and headache inducing bleeps and grunts, the good signals shine through if you are careful. For example, last night I found a 1940 Canadian cent in a hole with three nails. Sweeping broadly over this spot before digging sounded pretty bad, but there was a nice little "peep", I locked onto it and sure enough it sounded really good when going back and forth ever so slightly. I'm saying I was moving the coil back and forth maybe an inch or so, any larger of a sweep sounded like crap. Also, the numbers on the screen mean less in these scenarios. The numbers will be jumbled up sometimes with lots of junk around, but you may hear a slight little tone that with give you the vibe to dig. Trust your ears. If it turns out to be a bottle cap, oh well...one less to dig next time! It's amazing how this machine can separate close knit targets. I enjoyed my ATPro, which was pretty good in junky areas, but I am finding things the Pro missed. I almost gave up on Full Tones, I was feeling disheartened, but then it started to make sense. I am very new at this, but it's proving to be worth putting the time into learning.

At first I was detecting in Full Tones, and then when I located a decent target signal, I'd switch over to Deus Fast and see how it sounded. I actually think this confused me even more. It was starting to talk me out of digging targets. I said screw it, stuck with the Full Tones and haven't looked back.

Great explanation!!!!
Could not of said it any better..
The sounds dont lie..
Even if you dig the plug and can not hear it anymore, font believe it, go in after it!! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions