XP deus first swings!

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the rain and busy schedule I was only able to get out for just under 2 hours with my new XP Deus, and I have to say... this changes everything!! It's amazing and I am obsessed with it! It is staggering how I have to learn, because the machine is capable of so much. I am excited to learn every little bit I can though. Even on some of the basic programs like Basic 1 and Deus Fast I can tell a major difference and have a pretty darn good idea what the target is each time. It has opened up sites I hit hard and had a couple cool finds within an hour.

Huge thank you to HollandsBrook who gave me a great deal and had amazing customer service well before I made any commitment to purchase the Deus. Check them out, I highly recommend!

To my finds. Keep in mind it was less than 2 hours and my first 2 hours swinging the new machine. Bunch of clad of course and these:

1) Vintage Token Change to Alemite 1934
*- thanks to nhbenz and mackaydon for the ID

2) Marquette Silver Plate spoon made from 1900-1940, but I believe this one is 1911

3) Gear - simple, but love finding gears

So excited to use the Deus more!
- Dan

Attachments

• 20160426_183126.jpg
    20160426_183126.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
  • 20160426_183211-1.jpg
    20160426_183211-1.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 2016-04-28 09.22.14.jpg
    2016-04-28 09.22.14.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 2016-04-26 21.17.20.jpg
    2016-04-26 21.17.20.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 20160414_160824.jpg
    20160414_160824.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 120

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiet down man.you want everybody to get one,then we wont have anything left to hunt.shhhhhhh.they are awesome aint they.

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new Deus! I also just got my Deus and I know the thrill you speak of..................................

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first finds with the DEUS were nails, screws, iron plates and a few more nails............Just being honest so don't get in attack mode my DEUS friends.

OP
OP
GrandBlancDig

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first finds with the DEUS were nails, screws, iron plates and a few more nails............Just being honest so don't get in attack mode my DEUS friends.

I have mine in basic 1 or deus fast so it completely has iron knocked out, in a park that has a TON of iron. I have been really impressed with how it deals with nails and iron. Dumb luck for me lol

I am sure you are going to dial it in and have it working better than all of us!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm doing extensive testing between the E-Trac and DEUS. So far - Neither has found something "deeper" the other couldn't. I'll keep you guys up to date as I go along.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm doing extensive testing between the E-Trac and DEUS. So far - Neither has found something "deeper" the other couldn't. I'll keep you guys up to date as I go along.

That settles it, anyone thinking about getting a Deus, go get an etrac (I'm begging you to). The world is better off with fewer Deus in the wild. Repeat after me, "Just say no to Deus!"... Just say no to...

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how have you got the deus setup? have you got the tx on 3 and the reactivity turned down and silencer on-1 as these will make a difference . For the guys above my suggestion is learn what each setting does and make some custom programs because you will get more out of your machine.I put a program in my buddies deus who is a coinshooter and now he can hit a ten inch dime! he has a etrac and has loved it guess which machine he likes better?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like we enjoyed the same first experience. :icon_thumright:

What a joy that week was....lol.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice token. Aluminum?

I like finding tokens for the nice surprise they bring.

OP
OP
GrandBlancDig

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice token. Aluminum?

I like finding tokens for the nice surprise they bring.

Yes, I believe it aluminum. The best part is cleaning it up and seeing a little more along the way at each step learning what it was. You are right, it is always a surprise.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can only fined what is in a spot my friend , keep hunting !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread