Good custom programs for cellar holes and New England woods?

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bspkayaker

Feb 7, 2015
Conway SC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jon, I am right in your neck of the woods (from Leeds) in Greenfield. I have a Deus also with two full seasons with it and lots of good finds. If your interested in swinging some dirt sometime let me know and maybe I could show you a few things.

You can obtain settings online as a baseline, but know that location can dictate what will work better for you (ie: mineralization, amount of iron/trash, and various other factors). Once you learn
and understand what all the settings mean, you will be adjusting at each location. The Deus is a very versatile maching

- Brian

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got an awesome iron program and you can go on youtube and watch videos on it. deus full tones explained .
sen 86 tx 1 can be moved to 90 tx 2 if iron is not so thick
reactivity 3
full tones
audio 3
silencer -1
discrim 0
12 kh
this one will pick it out from the iron. I dont hunt cellar holes where I live but I was thinking they are full of trash and iron and this program shines in that.watch garys videos on full tones and him hunting in the iron with the deus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joncooper1986

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Look above in the Custom Deus programs sticky at the top of the Deus page. #15 and #14 are my cellar hole programs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread