Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a difficult time with iron coming up as a good target Solid tone in the 40 - 60 range on the VDI. And even higher at times. Usually a thick piece of iron but sometimes even a square nail will give me a solid steady mid range tone. Of course I dig it but turns up iron. Confirm there is nothing else in the hole and iron is the only metal. Any ideas how to remedy this ? Is it just the nature of the beast ?

Thanks and Good Hunting.

D.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may be running sensitivity a bit too high. Have you tried backing it down at all?

OP
OP
Derek752

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Terry
I tweaked the sensitivity between 90 - 94.94 in areas with minimal iron but usually keep it around 90

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drop it into the mid 80s and see if it makes a difference in depth and numbers.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wiggle off the target and sometimes it will give you the iron buzz when you get to the edge of the big iron.The nails I dont have an answer for.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Did any Deus Guru's discover a solution for the OP?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread