part 2 of deus in iron better audio

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Good job on the video Calabash. I like to run the same way in the heavy iron patches. A little less power and a bit more speed is usually the way to go in those conditions.....and of course Full Tones and ZERO Discrim :headbang: .....or just a minimal amount if you just have to have some for your sanity.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ,I know some will not want to hunt that way but ive cleaned house doing it. Had a guy post a question and say why dont you use the numbers and xy screen so you will not have to dig all that junk .My understanding of the xy screen is it moves one way for non ferrous and another for iron ,just trying to figure out how thats gonna help you not dig all that junk. THE RELICS I dig come up all across the board on the vdi from the 30s to 90s and some lower than 30 if masked. Ive been finding alot of people rely on those numbers way to much on whether to dig or not dig. How is the xy screen gonna help you not dig a pull tab, bottle top, or foil in a nail bed you got any ideas on that one? I guess im gonna have to do some testing on that ! Btw this program is just designed to pull non ferrous from the iron , alot of the id bit goes out the window in some cases because of the masking. Some might pass over targets and leave them because of vdi or xy screen and thats ok call me and I will come dig them and watch my relic collection grow! lol thanks

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig it all too, but I do use the x/y screen to check so I compare what I dug up to what it was telling me. So far it has been pretty accurate. Solid (ish) lines have been good so far with relics and coins. The orientation and quadrant just tells me whether I should expect ferrous or non ferrous.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks I havent messed with the xy screen have you tried it in HEAVY iron to see if that effects it?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trash will give me the scribble, but if it's a real deep target it can look like a dot. The x/y along with audio feedback gives me a pretty good idea what to expect.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS FOR THE INFO!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the last thing is I don't keep the x/y on the whole time. I just use it to check a signal that sounds interesting. The refresh rate on the x/y in really iron infested areas might be too slow.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I like in iron is speed. I dont check targets to much in thick iron I just dig because if I change to a deep program I lose my seperation and most likely will lose the signal I normally check some targets away from the iron sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread