Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20161201_192947.jpg
Crotal bell was barely audible at 10" but yet silver plated suspender clip was screaming at same depth? Go figure.

And Scott Clark's first hour.
20161109_173839.jpg

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Calabash gave me his program also and it immediately became my GO TO programs for the Deus. Now that I have learned the detector a bit more I adjusted it some as he suggested you could. congrats on the finds!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the finds! when you use your machine a little more you can tweak it a little and make it a really deep seeking fast program but my advice is use it a little first and see how it does because it makes it more chatty .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Always imagine the stories behind how some of those objects got where they did.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A crotal bell is on my Bucket list!! Awesome find !!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that crotal bell. I like digging crotal bells. It seems like you're loving the Deus, what freq were you running?

OP
OP
rick67

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that crotal bell. I like digging crotal bells. It seems like you're loving the Deus, what freq were you running?

Was using 12, with Calabash's program. It was a solid signal from all directions. It was just a whisper though.
There was a wire fence there 100 years ago leaving all sorts of noise where I dug that at. I'm sure it had something to do with it. The white button in the pic was in it and what ever they put inside it to jingle was to.

I told one of my teens that it was a drop from Santa's Sleigh. I was called pathetic.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was using 12, with Calabash's program. It was a solid signal from all directions. It was just a whisper though.
There was a wire fence there 100 years ago leaving all sorts of noise where I dug that at. I'm sure it had something to do with it. The white button in the pic was in it and what ever they put inside it to jingle was to.

I told one of my teens that it was a drop from Santa's Sleigh. I was called pathetic.

I've had a lot of eye rolls from my family on some of the stranger finds I bring home and the stories I imagine them to be. Like the 2 foot tall brass candlestick I found buried at the beach (thought it was a buried 12-pack of beer cans at first based on the signal). It was nicely tarnished with what appeared to be a broken pieces of a concrete stand nearby and imagined it may have fallen off a period ship or something and washed ashore until I turned it over and saw the barcode sticker still barely clinging to the damp base. Even though it was modern, I then wondered how it got where it was (strange beach religious ritual? Leftover from a romantic dinner on the sand?). My wife now wonders how it got to the garage and why it's still there.

Last edited:

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank you for the laugh to start my day off with! Sounds like something my 13 year old son would say [emoji3]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread