Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got into the hobby back in 2012-2013 then moved on to life of all things. Just purchased an XP Dues from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies. Great folks to work with by the way. Haven't had it out yet. To cold out and the ground is frozen. But hope to get out soon. In the mean time started shopping for a case. Found the XP Dues case but 150-170$???!!?? ok yeah couldn't bring myself to do it. So I did some online searching and found some really old posts of folks who took a rifle case and made a Metal Detector case out of it. for 65$ you cannot beat it. Yes its much bigger then the Deus case but its solid and works great. the Plano tactical case I received had this foam insert that was setup with little square pieces of foam that you can make your own mold by pulling pieces out. So I went to work with it tonight and Im very pleased how it turned out.

IMG_0494_zps0pyliozt.jpg

Thought Id reintroduce myself with a little share of how Im getting rig setup. Cant wait to put this to work. Wife and I camp a lot during spring and summer I plan to do some detecting then and see if I can get on some nugget shooting out in Colorado. We also have a plan to hit the Virgin Islands this year so got myself 1 of those handy sand scoops. Who knows maybe I can pay for the trip out there with some neat finds =-)

James

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did a good job with that.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent article, thank you! Like you, the ground here in NE WI is frozen rock solid. I think I just found myself a winter project :)

I was reluctant to purchase the Deus case as well, not only for price, but with the new coil coming out soon, didn't want a case that could support it plus my 9" and 11". This seems like the perfect solution to that problem. Again, thank you for posting this!

DD

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent article, thank you! Like you, the ground here in NE WI is frozen rock solid. I think I just found myself a winter project :)

I was reluctant to purchase the Deus case as well, not only for price, but with the new coil coming out soon, didn't want a case that could support it plus my 9" and 11". This seems like the perfect solution to that problem. Again, thank you for posting this!

DD

np at all glad to be of some inspiration =) Im going to have tons of questions when I start using the Dues so IM glad to return what I can =)

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DD
Whoops I replied already lol long day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread