Tell me about the XP Deus

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they just came out with new coils for gold I believe.so that might answer that now I can dig up 400 year old coins here, but no gold.now I would like to no if the gold coils would make it even batter for relic hunts.a lot of guys use gold detectors for relic hunts.what I do no is they made a gold detector first then the deus which has that gold program in ithe ,from what I seen anyway, but in my opinion if I was looking for gold I would get the best detector I could afford that's made for gold.

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
they just came out with new coils for gold I believe.so that might answer that now I can dig up 400 year old coins here, but no gold.now I would like to no if the gold coils would make it even batter for relic hunts.a lot of guys use gold detectors for relic hunts.what I do no is they made a gold detector first then the deus which has that gold program in ithe ,from what I seen anyway, but in my opinion if I was looking for gold I would get the best detector I could afford that's made for gold.
thanks bud i appreciate it i'll check it out!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are not out yet

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
they are not out yet

but they have a gold field program already on it correct? Also it seems the only downfall with these detectors are the price of additional coils right? Any other downsides? I'm thinking about purchasing and wondering if i should get the 9 inch coil or the 11 inch hmm?

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 11inch with mine which can make it tougher to pinpoint sometimes, but I get real good depth with it.I found a rolled up tube kind of like toothpaste ,had to be 18 to 24 inches .it was kind of Sandy soil , but still I expected a can or bigger and it was hitting hard on it .what I figured was get the 11 inch and get a nine inch used I figured there would be more nine inch avaliable . to me I would need a bigger coil more then a smaller , but from what I seen there wasn't such a big difference anyway and the price is the same which did puzzle me a bit , but any whoo I'm happy with the 11.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they do have a goldfield program on them and if I could only have one coil it would be the 9. the new coils are gonna run at higher frequencys for gold.

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the 11inch with mine which can make it tougher to pinpoint sometimes, but I get real good depth with it.I found a rolled up tube kind of like toothpaste ,had to be 18 to 24 inches .it was kind of Sandy soil , but still I expected a can or bigger and it was hitting hard on it .what I figured was get the 11 inch and get a nine inch used I figured there would be more nine inch avaliable . to me I would need a bigger coil more then a smaller , but from what I seen there wasn't such a big difference anyway and the price is the same which did puzzle me a bit , but any whoo I'm happy with the 11.
thanks bud for your input wow 18 inches is fantastic so you're pretty satisfied with the deus i take it?

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
they do have a goldfield program on them and if I could only have one coil it would be the 9. the new coils are gonna run at higher frequencys for gold.
thanks for your input on this bud why the 9 over the 11? Also overall are you happy with your deus and when are they coming out with the new coils do you think?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im very happy with the deus best relic machine made. 9 is deep and it seperates better than the 11 and for my type of hunting it suits me better. I have both and use the 11 in fields and more open spots. I dont know when the new ones are coming out. In my soil I can hit a 14 inch silver quarter with the nine thats crazy deep for a small coil.

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im very happy with the deus best relic machine made. 9 is deep and it seperates better than the 11 and for my type of hunting it suits me better. I have both and use the 11 in fields and more open spots. I dont know when the new ones are coming out. In my soil I can hit a 14 inch silver quarter with the nine thats crazy deep for a small coil.

thanks for responding bud wow thats fantastic depth for a small coil its looking pretty good to me!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for responding bud wow thats fantastic depth for a small coil its looking pretty good to me!

Calabash is basically the Deus Guru on this forum and he doesn't just type up great sounding posts but actually has a lot of hours in the field and the finds to back it up. So what I am saying is you can take his advice to the bank and cash it. Regarding two questions you had:

Gold - not sure if you were talking gold prospecting or gold jewelry. Re gold jewelry - you will find the gold jewelry with the Deus if it is in the ground under your coil, no problem. I found three small gold bands this summer at two different beaches. Re gold prospecting - it does have gold field program and can operate at 18 khz which is consistent with other VLF gold focused detectors out there such as the AT Gold, Fisher Gold Bug, and Teknetics G2. It is not a dedicated Pulse Induction nugget prospecting machine like the Garret ATX and Minelab GPX machines, but it can get the job done and as others have mentioned, XP is trying to get a higher frequency coil out there for more sophisticated gold prospecting capability.

9" vs. 11" coil - You can't go wrong either way. I have both and like the smaller coil for general purpose use because it is just more convenient and I don't think you lose much depth at all. I just seems more tightly integrated with the Deus control box, but I think that may mostly be my imagination. The only real advantage of the 11" is that you can cover more ground per swing, but of course it is heavier. I use the 11" as my backup detector to the 9" or as a second detector when the kids are beach hunting with me since one coil can be paired with the headphones and the other can be separately paired with the control box (and you can plug wired headphones into the control box). You can also adapt the WS4 wireless backphones control module to a headphone adapter or marry it to any of several third party aftermarket over the ear headphones. My point is, that if you are going to get the Deus, I would suggest getting the WS4 lightweight headphones vs. the fixed WS5 over the ear headphones because the WS5 module does not detach giving you less options. Good luck.

SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Am I supposed to drop a spanner into discussion? Lol.
Some people think I'm anti Deus, but by fact I'm anti glamour. The only field XP Deus is good is trashy site, however XP GMP is more preferable on trashy site than XP Deus.

I did a translation of Ground Balance vs Rejection. Subject discussion is valid for any metal detector with true Ground Balance feature, for instance, Whites detectors

Last edited by a moderator:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
such much do you have a secret agenda? like the aka? I saw your comments on the other forum about the deus ,if you do tell aka to send us some detectors to test if there so great its hard to drop a 1000.00 bucks on a machine that no one seems to know much about here.

SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
such much do you have a secret agenda? like the aka? I saw your comments on the other forum about the deus ,if you do tell aka to send us some detectors to test if there so great its hard to drop a 1000.00 bucks on a machine that no one seems to know much about here.
Referring to my previous post I do have a secret agenda. like XP GMP. Pay less and get more capable machine. If you don't like XP GMP, pay attention to white's spectra though it's a bit complicated. That was my post on other forum? And yes, I avoid speaking about AKA machines on forums just to avoid machine bashing. I do have some knowledge how to deal with AKA detectors and I'm not secret about that.

if you do tell aka to send us some detectors to test if there so great its hard to drop a 1000.00 bucks on a machine that no one seems to know much about here.
AKA do not listen to me, I'm just yet another xx thousand detectorist who hunts with their detector. Pls apply to Garytopman, he is an AKA representative

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the clock is a great feature. I love the clock. Maybe XP could integrate a chronograph into future versions. I'd really love that too. :dontknow:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

I am not trying to offend, but since we're asking for transparency now...

Who is "us"?

I know you've become the United States of America Deus "guru", and it appears you've happily accepted this Deus guru endorsement from XP, and I remember less than 12 months ago you were just asking me about the Deus prior to purchasing so I've loosly followed your growth (the ups and downs) and in that time I've also seen you churn through various machines, some high-end, some mid-range, doing garden "testing" and always with less than 40 hours on them you proclaim Deus superiority every time (can't wait to see you attempt a V3i), which is your right to do, and you seem to defend XP tooth and nail. That all leaves me a bit puzzled on something...

Respectfully I ask you Calabash digger, what is your agenda?

You're not a typical metal detectorist on the forums when observing your behavior over the past year.

I can't figure out if you're in XP's pocket, or are you just America's greatest Deus fanboy. I can't figure out if you're working in concert with Gary and/or XP, or are you just easily manipulated. :icon_scratch:

It's been interesting to observe, and if you're satisfied keep it up. . :happy1:

hori

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to offend, but since we're asking for transparency now...

Who is "us"?

I know you've become the United States of America Deus "guru", and it appears you've happily accepted this Deus guru endorsement from XP, and I remember less than 12 months ago you were just asking me about the Deus prior to purchasing so I've loosly followed your growth (the ups and downs) and in that time I've also seen you churn through various machines, some high-end, some mid-range, doing garden "testing" and always with less than 40 hours on them you proclaim Deus superiority every time (can't wait to see you attempt a V3i), which is your right to do, and you seem to defend XP tooth and nail. That all leaves me a bit puzzled on something...

Respectfully I ask you Calabash digger, what is your agenda?

You're not a typical metal detectorist on the forums when observing your behavior over the past year.

I can't figure out if you're in XP's pocket, or are you just America's greatest Deus fanboy. I can't figure out if you're working in concert with Gary and/or XP, or are you just easily manipulated. :icon_scratch:

It's been interesting to observe, and if you're satisfied keep it up. . :happy1:

so whats your take on the deus?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My agenda is this I believe I found the best relic machine on the market and I push it. Im not paid and have never even gotten a free hat .You act like running detectors is building rockets or something,(the complicated v3i) I do understand you have to spend 100 of hours with a detector to learn the nuances of that machine but thats just not been the case in learning how one works to run it through the test garden.us could be you ,my hunting partner ,vfeerari, rick,cletus and whoever else . I am very sastified with what im doing HELPING people get past the junk , and trying to look at the facts. I will tell you something about myself I try to excel in whatever I do whether fishing ,detecting, studying the bible ,whatever it is running our business I always try to put time in to learning whatever it is im doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread