Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I got 2 golds with mine on a beach this pm. Both were in the high dry sand. I switched to the wet sand mode, and went to the water's edge, but I think that's where most of the other diggers go, so only got sinkers down there.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you use dry sand preset or your own custom .and thanks for the prompt response.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the dry sand preset. I have a custom coin mode and a custom horrible red clay Virginia dirt mode. This was the first time I used the dry sand preset, there is a lot of iron in this area, so it chirped a tiny bit, but I also did not dig aluminum bits this time out, which was really nice. I've only had the machine 3-4 weeks or so, and I really like it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, check my other post of today. No pics of the coins or sinkers. They just go in plastic jars. A complete aluminum can down 15" sounds really good, too. Dug three of these.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings were driving down after the family fun were heading back and staying the night anywhere I want and I'm hunting from wake up to sick of it (probably may lol)hopefully someone will chime in with an invite or good suggestion on a spot.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always wanted to clean up at the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Disney . "I'm not suggesting that", just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Disney 4 days at universal but my eyes will be scanning everything as usual

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I picked up a nice 925 ring eyeball find at Universal Orlando while on vacation with family a few years back.
It is where you find it....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a nice 925 ring eyeball find at Universal Orlando while on vacation with family a few years back.
It is where you find it....

Yep it those venues (theme parks, renaissance faires, carnivals, etc.) where your MD training pays off in eyeball finds as you scan the walkways even though you are not swinging a detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread