Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt the 13x11 is much deeper. Others report that it throws the balance way off too.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth it for the $$ plus its too heavy and unbalanced for the stock shaft (overflexes it) so you have to invest in a third party shaft/mount. I have never heard anyone endorse it. If I was going to get a second coil for the deus, it would be the 9" (which I actually prefer over the 11") or the new high frequency elliptical if it ever gets released by xp.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 11" and think if you are only going to have one coil, the 11" is it. I would like to get a 9" but would love to see them make a 5 to 6 inch sniper coil. The higher Freq coil does not interest me, but the pin pointer seems like something I may have to add to my arsenal when it hits the market.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the 13" and I've never used the 13" but going from what everyone says that has one...there is not much difference in depth. I have the 11" and bought a 9". I also plan on buying the HF elliptical when it comes out.

My 11" is plenty deep

IMG_2733.JPG

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Culverjb,
I responded to another thread about what my thoughts are of the 11x13 coil.
I feel it is a great coil as are all of the coils that the Deus has, but for the Bucks??
This is what I put in the other thread..

"I had the 11x13 and sold it.
I found the extra weight, flexing, poor balance and lack of a marked increased depth were not worth having it sitting on the shelf.
Now if you hunt fields (to big for the brush) and are looking for that long lost cabin site the increased coverage is a big plus.
It all depends on your type of hunting and what your expecting.
Now the new 9x5 HF coil... that might be the game changer I'm looking for. "

The decision is yours....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread