has anyone move to the Deus from the at pro

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
both Carolina Tom and SuperShaun have started with the AT Pro and then went to the XP Deus. I believe Calabash Digger also did. Have you watched any of his videos? Why do you ask? The XP Deus is as complicated as you want to make it or can be eay to use in the preset programs. I mainly use my F75, but have a Deus. my only issue is that they target IDs are different and I tend to detecto more with the Fisher since I have 3 years experience with it.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did as well used AT Pro for 4 years, then on to the Dues. Much happier with Dues, totally different machine. I kept the AT Pro for my son or friends to use or if I want a beater machine to bring out in nasty weather or under water

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have. My ATP is now regulated as my backup/beater detector. Do a search on YouTube for Gary's instructional videos. I think you will see how versatile the machine is.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the jump! I too started with the at pro. Was that your post on the other forum about the same question?

Mahskeeter

Jun 18, 2016
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Deus believer here. I had the Garrett GTI 2500 and the at pro. I liked both of them too, but the Deus is just fun! I love the sounds and the quick sweep. I've done well with it so far. I can't wait for spring!

I will say I wish I had my ATP for backup and friends. my dad told be he'd like to go with me in the spring. I've been looking for used Garrett machines.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the jump! I too started with the at pro. Was that your post on the other forum about the same question?

no sir, unless it was an accidental double post

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the AT Pro and AT gold the deus blows both of them away on separation and depth in my opinion. Being able to switch freq is also a big plus. I loved my at gold and didn't think I would like anything as much but the deus is at another level. I just wish they would get the update out already so I can get the new coil. I'm not interested in the new pinpointed because the carrot works just fine for me.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ATP is a great machine. I have dug a lot of deep relics with mine. especially after I added a NEL Coil.
That being said, I have been swinging the XP Deus for the past couple months and leaving the ATP at home.
The learning curve as far as programming the Dues and understanding what each function does and how it affects the performance of the machine
is not bad at all. within the first week I was adding programs and tweaking them in my test garden. This was really a big deal for me. simply because
I am far from being a high tech kinda of guy.
But it does take a while to really know the Deus and to understand just how bad ass this machine really is. with the right program the Deus is a relic Monster !!

like I posted above. I have been running the Deus for a couple months. in this time I have been steady digging some great relics. but it was not until yesterday that everything
clicked and for the first time I started understanding what the machine has been telling me.
if you are on the fence about switching to the Deus? Don't be. it is a amazing machine . just be patient and give yourself time to learn it. once you do your ATP will collect some dust.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the AT Pro and AT gold the deus blows both of them away on separation and depth in my opinion. Being able to switch freq is also a big plus. I loved my at gold and didn't think I would like anything as much but the deus is at another level. I just wish they would get the update out already so I can get the new coil. I'm not interested in the new pinpointed because the carrot works just fine for me.

Yeah, I like my carrot just fine, also. But if the XP pinpointer gives full tone ID or discriminates it would be a cool tool game changer for clearing out deep relic pits. The old carrot drives me nuts when I am picking out thousands of ration can pieces and nail heads just to collect a few buttons, brass hardware, or bullets in a big hole.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes the new PP would be a game changer if it can discriminate! being able to tell all nails from good targets would be simply the best!!
What I have found coming from the AT Pro is as follows, with the AT Pro I got lazy thinking I knew the machine better than the machine itself. Which I think caused me to miss a few good targets as I would think "Ah just another pull tab or bottle cap". With the Dues since I am still learning, and I have dug all that gives a solid signal and have found more great finds since getting the Dues. Also looking over the VDI charts for the Dues I see that even signals in the 30's can be an interesting target, I know I would never dig anything in the 30's with the AT Pro.
Plus it's like having a few machines in one with all the settings that can be made. From a heavy iron sifter to a deep relic finder the Dues can handle it all.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once dug a confederate button with the at pro that rang in the 40s.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once dug a confederate button with the at pro that rang in the 40s.

with the ATP if I got a solid tone both ways and the VDI was in the mid 30's I dug it. sometimes junk but other times I was glad that I took the time to check.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The point of my post was the AT Pro made me a lazy metal detectorist in my humble opinion. With only 3 tones I would only dig the high tones and forget the rest since it was junk most of the time even with a solid signal. Nothing bad to say about the AT Pro or AT Gold, but I feel the XP Dues is a whole different class of machine

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the at pro was my first detector, since then I had etrac , f75,T2se,racer and now the deus. I got the deus cause it's compact,so I can be hands free while hiking.for the money the at pro is a great machine it's decent around power lines and EMI in general.it was my go to for parks .decent I d and you could buzz right threw grabbing all the clad also found some nice stuff at old sites to.the thing is you buy a detector and when you don't find any thing it's the detectors fault , so you get another one and so on.then you start to understand what it's all about getting a detector that's appealing to you weather it's weight, sound or your style of detecting.that's why I bought the deus ,now is it perfect? no, but it's a pretty dame good detector. I'm starting to learn it better .just got in from out side doing a depth test we have snow so I was bored .I put a quarter at 12" and hit it in basic1 and really hard in relic .I was Evan lifting the coil off the ground and still getting it .so this is something I tried when I first got it with no success. now it's easy .so anyway the at pro is not going to hit a 12" quarter

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
depends what coil your running on the Pro, the NEL Storm will hit a 12" quarter all day. But man the weight will kill you after a long hunt.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends what coil your running on the Pro, the NEL Storm will hit a 12" quarter all day. But man the weight will kill you after a long hunt.

hen I got the at pro it was when they just fixed the coil problem and I just had the standard coil .I use the 11" on the deus .I saw they came out with a new coil for the at pro that did look heavy it's a great detector but to me the target were never in the bottom of the plug always in it .

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would you pay 1,200 for the at pro . I borrowed a f75 for a while , so when it came time to purchase one I said if I'm spending that money I would rather get the etrac like I did. so I got the t2se cause it resembled the f75 at a cheaper price, now I no the f75 is a great machine , but it is steep.one thing I hate is you buy a detector with all these features and everyone just uses one .t2se in 2tone . at pro in pro 0 and so on . now the deus , etrac ctx, whites v3I all have features that are usable .I no this wasn't a comparison tread , but to me the at pro or the improved one that comes out should be compact to fit in a back pack so you can get to all terrain.on a bright side Garrett customer service is awesome.

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
AT does great..but Deus has some great features. The questions is do you want to pay extra for them. Such as no wires, back light and lightweight.j

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is not a comparision thread BUT run back thur that spot with trash that you ran thur with the at pro and grab all the clad, take the deus back thur it you might get a big surprize. Ive done separation test with the at pro and deus and theres a big difference in trash and iron. When swing speed was introduced to at pro on a 4 inch merc with 3 nails it disappeared. What I'm getting at is there a lot more than just wireless your paying for. I started with a at pro and a nel coil and did well with it but upgraded and the rest is history. I'm gonna say something very bold but its true and I would do it in a new York minute on a good site that has civil war relics or rev or colonial relics. If you have a good old site and are using a AT PRO nel coil or whatever hunting in iron away from doesn't matter,as long as its a good site. Invite me and we will shoot a video of the hunt, I will walk 10 feet right behind you all day long and hunt right behind you the whole day. I'm dead serious on that , I'm not boasting I'm just that confident in the deus over the pro from testing and also using both of them that I will pull relics that you just walked over with the at pro. STAY TUNED FOLKS SHOW DOWN AT NOON!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread