Sensitivity on the Deus

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I want to thank everyone's input on the tone issue with the Deus. Now i have a question on the sensitivity issue. I notice that on all the pre-programs that come with the Deus , sensitivity is set at 90. My question is this. Can i bump up sensitivity to say, 95-93 without changing/affecting any other settings. Again, I'm more of a relic hunter.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my relic program tx 2 and 90 sens and my relic hot program sens 93 and tx 3 ,the down side is detector becomes more sparky imo better to learn 90 and tx 2 first then use the hot program later when needed. you can change it without affecting other settings. Are you planning on running presets for relics?

OP
OP
T

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just have tinkered with the basic 1 program. The changes made are as follows: changed to full tones, increased sensitivity to 93 and went to 2 on iron audio. Everything else stays the same. What do you think?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just have tinkered with the basic 1 program. The changes made are as follows: changed to full tones, increased sensitivity to 93 and went to 2 on iron audio. Everything else stays the same. What do you think?

I typically use Deus Fast as the starting point for a custom program unless I use another custom program as the starting point. The main reason is that Deus Fast has a lower Disc setting than basic (but you can easily change that to 1 or 0) but also Silencer is set at -1 which maximizes depth. So the only tweak i would make to your custom program starting with Basic 1 is to set Silencer (which is underneath the Reactivity setting) to -1 or, if that is too chatty, to 0. The Default Silencer setting for Basic 1 is 2 which is too high and you will lose significant depth. Note that each reactivity setting has a "default" silencer setting which is too high in my opinion (i.e., minimum of 1 for even the very high reactivity settings of 4 and 5), so whenever you change reactivity, you need to make sure you go back in and change silencer back to -1 or 0. If the machine is really chatty (and has plenty of battery) and you have properly initialized the machine by turning it on with the coil in the air and away from metal objects, properly ground balanced it and you have tried all the usual suspects such as changing frequency, lowering sensitivity to the 80's, changing TX power, then try bumping silencer up to 1 or 2 if you must as a last resort. You may be able to get it to quiet down but will lose some depth performance.

The default silencer settings are as follows and reset to these defaults WHENEVER you change reactivity on the fly. Do not keep your machine on these default silencer settings - you are losing performance:

Reactivity Silencer
0 3
1 3
2 2
3 2
4 1
5 1

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iron audio has no effect in full tones as it has its on iron tone.If you want the relic program I run let me know and I will send it to you.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sens 90 tx 2 and hot version sens 93 and tx 3, reactivity 2 ,silencer 0,full tones, disc 1, 7kh or 12 kh whichever you prefer and runs the smoothest I change from site to site , notch nothing, audio responce 5, Ground balance your machine, manual or pumping and if your not comfortable doing that yet leave it at the preset of 90 for awhile but it helps depth if balanced correctly. iron audio 0, I think I got it all.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for sharing

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You lose a lot of depth moving from reactivity of 2 to 3. Deep signals come in pretty clear on reactivity 2 even when cranking sensitivity down to 80. Sensitivity needs to be as high as possible to get good depth with reactivity 3. Probably why V4 is gonna have a 2.5 reactivity

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as the machine is running quiet I run the sensitivity as high as possible. usually 93 but will up it to 95 if there is no chatter.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a field gonna hunt tommorrow with some deep targets gonna see how hot I can run it on it .

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:angry4: Don't Get Burnt!

"Sorry" I couldn't resist. :tongue3:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it gave up 2 sunburst before if it gives another up to me my partner is gonna be the burnt one!:laughing7:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you run your Sensi or Tx up high it should not affect any other settings, but it might make your machine more unstable/noisy. This depends on the site and the ground conditions
If you are new to the XP, i would stick to TX2 and Sens 90. Maybe run the sensi up a couple digits if the conditions allow it.
If you are looking for more depth try Reactivity 2, Silencer -1.
Also try 0 Disc, 0 Notch. 0 disc will allow you to hear everything. It can be overwhelming at times, but i think it helps pick out good targets within the trash and iron.
If you are in a noisy/trashy area, then i wouldnt run the sens up. Might even try dropping it down a hair.

Start with settings that work best for you. Learn what each setting does, and then make subtle adjustments as needed.
You may want to watch Garys Videos on Youtube if you have not already done so.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does make it sparky but I found in my area I can run 7 kh really hot and it stays pretty calm and I agree with you might want to learn the machine with tx 2 and 90 sens or you might get burnt out on digging bbs.:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions