GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Likewise, if your SN was registered at some point by a previous owner, you are likely all set."

This was the argument someone else brought forward with me and if that was the case then why are the 1st demands from dealers asking for the sales receipt ? My phone conversation with one of the largest dealers and my screen shot with ladd clearly said they don't have any database or info. Registering them I haven't seen any benefit if they can't or don't use it. Another reason I would like to see serial numbers reflect build dates is to make sure a "new" machine isn't sold after sitting a year on the shelf. I think this is why you see some random people with "new" machines have battery issues after a year or two. Those batteries don't hold up well sitting long periods of time without at least a 50% charge. Actually, if you plan to store for months its best to only have a 50% charge on them checking every 3 months. Yes, if you can trace the dealer who sold the machine they can copy you sales receipts. I would make sure those also included serial numbers if they can. Sometimes they get drop shipped and the dealer doesnt even see or touch the machine. Receipts with serial numbers should have been mandatory from the start. A paper that just shows a machine was sold on a date with an address doesnt prove its the machine I have or need warranty service for.. Legally, its garbage.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you talk to the US distributor and repair center XP Americas? That's who you will be dealing with for warranty or iut of warranty repair. Not a dealer. XP Americas just wants a receipt or bill of sale, it doesn't even have to have a serial number printed on it. That's pretty liberal in my experience. I have not had to deal with warranty service on the Deus, but those who actually have and have posted here and elsewhere haven't been reporting problems. So I'm having trouble understanding the histrionics on this.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread