Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to make and post this video.

Was sure hoping they would make a motion audio setting with full tones for the pinpointer, similar to how the sun ray probes worked where you can hear multi tones.
Is there any indication that the probe could be used like this?

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if pair with detector will it let you use the filtering of the detector to reject junk?

I was told by Andy S. that it doesn't. It just routes the audio through the machines audio output. This is still a handy feature in very noisy conditions and or those who have to take the head phones off to hear normal pro pointers.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I'm tired about hearing about the 4.0 update and the pinpointer, what's the holdup? At least they should give us the update if it's ready, I'm tired of waiting.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired about hearing about the 4.0 update and the pinpointer, what's the holdup? At least they should give us the update if it's ready, I'm tired of waiting.

I suggest you have a snickers while you're waiting or you can update your profile to include the Deus in your list of detectors. But in any event, it should be here end of the month. The vigilant were able to grab a download of the latest beta off the XP website a few days ago, apparently. And sample pinpointers are showing up in the hands of USA dealers. So it must be very close. Otherwise, you can see my response to you on how learning to use full tones can make you less reliant on having to memorize 99 Target ID numbers. Hang in there. Not long now.

Oh and I don't blame you for being PO'd. Imagine waiting for it since late Summer 2015 when it was FIRST announced to be imminent, then a release party in September 2016 at the big Deus Gold something or other event and "Oops!". Now March 31st. Will believe it when I see it, I guess.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see how it reacts with the Deus. Has anyone done that yet, or, do you have to wait for V4 to be released? How about small target sensitivity, like a small stud earring with very little metal? Or maybe a hearing aid. What kind of depth do you get with a dime on edge?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see how it reacts with the Deus. Has anyone done that yet, or, do you have to wait for V4 to be released? How about small target sensitivity, like a small stud earring with very little metal? Or maybe a hearing aid. What kind of depth do you get with a dime on edge?

Agree. Surprised we have not seen any videos with it paired up with the Deus especially since Dealers who received the pinpointer demos also got links to the V4 Beta afaict. But I haven't scoured the interwebs looking for those vids either, so they may indeed be out there.

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pre-ordered mine and patiently waiting. Looks like it's gonna be what we all asked for in a pointer. There is a you tube vid on it paired with the Deus and the guy is using it through the wireless headphones, go to this link.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, well, that's a start anyway. Let's see what it's like in real world hunting conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread