The CTX may never see daylight again !

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CTX is deeper here in north GA in the bad ground, but that being said I barely use it anymore, the Deus is better in iron trash which is where most of the relics are these days.

Edit:

I just tested it with a miniball at 9'' and the CTX wouldn't read it with recovery fast off and recovery deep on, ground coin or ferrous coin. The Deus wouldn't read it either. At 8'' the Deus read it but wouldn't give a TID and the CTX didn't.

I'll probably rarely ever use the CTX for anything anymore except cherry picking targets in non ferrous trash.

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My test garden isnt that good for the 11 inch coil because its surronded by power lines and the 11 gets over taken by emi when I crank it up , I think it might be just a little deeper from my experiences with in the field.

Obiwancote

Mar 8, 2017
Ma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Whites v3i
Whites pi pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is a great detector! My go to for land.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new coils will not increase depth, more suited for low conductors IE: gold and smaller targets. I think the 11x13 is the deepest coil they make but some disagree with me here :)
And by "smaller targets," they mean coins on edge as well. This is where I feel the new coils will absolutely shine. :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by "smaller targets," they mean coins on edge as well. This is where I feel the new coils will absolutely shine. :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Good point, didn't think of that. Only problem is that you will also be hitting on very small stuff and that may or may not make it worth it for those few edge ons. We won't really know for sure until we get some folks swinging those HF coils. Can't wait to see what the feedback is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread