Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone out there try these yet?
They look very comfortable, and i like how the puck is set-up..
I am currently using the popular super-uncomfortable aftermarket brand that have really nice tones.
Maybe i have a fat head, but the ones im using dont fit right and put way to much pressure on the sides of my head.
Would like to know if anyone has heard any reviews for these.
Deteknix HD headphones for? XP Deus. NEW 2017 | MD-Hunter Blog

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy had them at his bootcamp session last week and I picked up a pair and LOVE THEM! Great tones, super comfortable, recessed slide in mount for the WS4 puck so you don't look like a doofus with one earmuff sticking way out (well, I still look like a doofus, but that can't be helped) and you there is a jack on them so if you have a double plugged cable you can plug them into the remote, the puck's headphone adapter plate (accessory item), or to a traditional detector headphone jack (I have not yet tested this feature, but glad its there). They are also weatherproof and had them out in the rain today and snow earlier this week without a problem. Will have to see if they can stand up to some normal wear and tear over the next couple of weeks as I go on back-to-back extended relic hunts. Best part is they are reasonably priced compared to some of the other third party alternatives out there.

Recommended!

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the review. They look super comfy and adjustable which is a plus.
I was concerned about the tones, as i have heard so many bad things about the GG's tones, such as unclear and delayed tones.
Have you noticed any lag/delay with the new deteknix phones.
Might have to try these out.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dammit you guys are going to make me spend more money.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recessed slide in mount for the WS4 puck so you don't look like a doofus with one earmuff sticking way out (well, I still look like a doofus, but that can't be helped)

I like that about them.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the review. They look super comfy and adjustable which is a plus.
I was concerned about the tones, as i have heard so many bad things about the GG's tones, such as unclear and delayed tones.
Have you noticed any lag/delay with the new deteknix phones.
Might have to try these out.

No lag or delayed noted. They just work and work well. The double plugged cable is included in the box BTW.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home and had a chance to play with them. They are very nice and very well made. Like V said the puck sits flush, which is what I really like about them. Tones sound great as well. Below is everything that comes in the box (minus the puck of course).

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

Charles (Sabre)(Tx)

Mar 19, 2008
Cuero, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Fors CoRe, Minelab Excaliber II & Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates on the quality of these phones? How about their tones...and clarity? Are the muffs durable enough to not tear easily? Thanks!

Charles

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates on the quality of these phones? How about their tones...and clarity? Are the muffs durable enough to not tear easily? Thanks!

Charles

My positive review still stands after 4 months of use.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had mine now for a few months, and I am very happy with them.
They are some of the most comfortable phones that I have ever owned.

Brasco

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So nobody here thinks the sound is muffled on the Detectknix? I bought them months ago and used them one time. The sounds were not crisp! The back phones sounds better let alone the headphones that squeeze your head and hurt your ears!! Lol
I used the pads that came with the Deteknixs headphones on the Vance muffs and there comfy now and sound is still very crisp!!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So nobody here thinks the sound is muffled on the Detectknix? I bought them months ago and used them one time. The sounds were not crisp! The back phones sounds better let alone the headphones that squeeze your head and hurt your ears!! Lol
I used the pads that came with the Deteknixs headphones on the Vance muffs and there comfy now and sound is still very crisp!!

Nope. I own the Vance's and preferred the Deteknix overall. Sound was fine to me. You want muffled, get the Grey Ghosts. That's muffled. lol.

Brasco

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool!
Maybe after 5 years of me using the Vance my ears are so tuned to them everything else just don't do it for me?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be. Don't get me wrong, the Vance's sound great perhaps even edging out the Deteknix. But it was the entire Deteknix package that sold me price ($50 less than Vance), sound, comfort, looks, and ability to plug in when necessary or desired which you can't do with the Vances. Hell, the price break alone was worth it unless they sounded as bad as the Gray Ghosts (which they don't).

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold both my Vance (fit) and Gray Ghosts (muffled) and have used Deteknix ever since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread