Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Boxxxer

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, congrats, and check out my post to patriotdigger here to get you started swinging. Then just start shooting out the questions. Highly recommend Andy Sabisch's Handbook as a great reference though it does not address the V 4 software changes. Basic operation and principles are the same, though. GL and HH.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome boxxxer and congrats to you! I just got one as well.
Plenty of good info here to digest. Good luck to you!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great machine!

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, and as a newbie myself I can tell you you've come to the right place.

OP
OP
B

boxxxer

Feb 25, 2015
ohio
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT pro, 8.5x11 and 5x8 and nel storm coil
Deus ws4 with 11 inch coil, hf coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all and vferrari have read your posts vey informative as well as calabash digger, Have had Andy Sabisch's Handbook for 2 months prior and months of videos. Question one, Advise on program settings for small gold rings like diamond solitaires?

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Deus is a tone machine, forget the ID Numbers, learn the tones (Full tones best IMO) and you will be served very well!

Ask questions, these guys here are great and readily share experience, knowledge and programs........

Jim

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the reasons the Dues is such a great machine, you can set the tones for your hunting type or style. As in if your just coin shooting you can have only 2 tones. Or you can go balls to walk with -6.5 discrimination and full tones and head every little thing in the ground. Totally up to you and what you prefer, the Dues will also pull targets from areas with high iron masking. You have yourself a very capable machine! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used both at pro and at gold and the gold way my favorite of those two. The gold was the best detector I ever used and I've had plenty until the xp deus arrived at my house. I haven't looked back since.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. A lot of experienced people here.

I'm a newbie too, and started metal detecting with a Deus. It is highly versatile, and I'm a happy camper with my choice after a few months reading and hands-on experience.

There are a lot of good metal detectors. I hope you enjoy your Deus. She is a performer!

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting