So the Dues really shines in the snow [emoji846]

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found my first GOLD coin today, so excited! I can't say that it's the Dues that found it as it was coming in as a mixed signal low 80's and bouncing to the 50's but something said dig it as the field was covered in snow so I know I was loosing 3-4 inches of depth right there. The coin was about 6-7 inches under the plug so I would say about 12-14 inches was the true depth of the coin. Not sure how this coin was dropped in the area I found it as I have only found silvers from the 1940's through 1960's in the area. This coin dates 1853 and is from England it's a
1853 Gold 1/2 Sovereign Victoria!
Thanks for looking folks, just remember you can't find it if you don't dig it.
Program settings where as follows
Software V4
Sensitivity 98
Frequency 4khz
TX 3
Reactivity 2.5
Full tones
Discrimination -6.5
GB - tracking
Silencer -1
XY screen and No ID normalization

IMG_1409.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Gold! Always looks good coming out of the ground.

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sick find! Congrats!!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find! Gold is good!
Congrats to you! :occasion14: Gotta love the Deus!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the beautiful gold coin! :notworthy:

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
Wow, you are in the Gold Coin Club. A. Rare group indeed. What size coil? Have you weighed the coin or checked on it's numismatic value? Congratulations!!

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 11" coil and I don't sell any of my finds. I'm more of a collector and like to find relics for the memories than the monetary value. Not saying I wouldn't sell a nice diamond ring from the tot lot [emoji846]
Thank you everyone. Took almost 5 years to be a member of the gold coin club!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Congrats Austin on the Gold Coin Club membership!
Some never make it...

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Austin. It's been a lot more then five for me and haven't "Dug" one yet.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice I'm not finding my first gold coin until later this summer

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all, went back to the same field today and found a gold bowling button and 4 more silvers :) I love my Dues :) The guy swinging the AT Pro got mad because he didn't find anything packed up and left lol...

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Very cool find, congrats! You'll have to tell us about using the Discrim at -6.5.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing about the Deus (as good as it is) is it's so versatile, there is always something to learn. A small tweak here and there can yield huge results. You never get bored with the machine....the "new-ness" never really wears off and it continues to amaze.

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to hear everything in the ground so I run -6.4 discrimination and notch nothing with full tones. Listen for that mouse squeak and then I start to investigate the target some more. Ground conditions will through off VDI's but not the sound of the targets. When I get tired of hearing so much chatter I have a 2 tone program where the high tones are a VDI of 80 or above (think of it as a cherry picking program)
Jadocs said it perfect with the Dues it's like having a few machines in one.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all, went back to the same field today and found a gold bowling button and 4 more silvers :) I love my Dues :) The guy swinging the AT Pro got mad because he didn't find anything packed up and left lol...

Austin can you post the address of that field in the AT Pro forum. Since the AT pro guys can't see the deus targets you won't have to worry about competion if they show up with their AT pros. Don't worry, I won't peek...if you believe that, I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge very cheap - lol. Happy hunting, clearing out that field.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold n snow-what a crazy combo
But you did it.
Congrats

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not worried about the AT Pro guys the Dues kicks there ass every time. Plus I have given you guys hints on where to find targets like this in your town [emoji51]

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not worried about the AT Pro guys the Dues kicks there ass every time. Plus I have given you guys hints on where to find targets like this in your town [emoji51]

I sense that you completely missed that my post above was not meant to be taken literally or seriously. Also, if this was the 4th of July fireworks watching site, what was an English guy doing there. :laughing7: (<I'll try to make better use of emojiis like this when I'm trying to make a humorous comment).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread