I'm Now On Board With The XP Deus

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first thing I did was upgrade my Deus to 4.0. I got some help from Wegund over the phone setting up a coin program for me to try. I'm forcing myself to only use 'full tones' from the beginning. It's not that hard for me since I cut my teeth on a Tesoro detector. Here's my first hunt: LINK

tabman

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey we don't want your kind here! Just kidding Tabman, glad to have you a part of this community. That is ONE HELL of a haul!!! Congratulations...wow!

If you don't already have it, I highly recommend getting a copy of Andy's book on the XP. It will really help you unlock the machines full potential by giving you a solid understanding of how each setting relates to one another taking into consideration the ground conditions and targets you are hunting for.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Is Andy's XP Dues book current with version 4.0? I saw some for sale on eBay.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the dark side my friend. I have Andys Deus handbook I could send to you if you want to look at it but you seem to be picking it up pretty fast.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the dark side my friend. I have Andys Deus handbook I could send to you if you want to look at it but you seem to be picking it up pretty fast.

Thanks! You can always read it to me over the phone and stop when you hear the snoring.

tabman

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely take up Welgund's on his offer. In short, the current version of Andy's book will absolutely pay big dividends in understanding and using your machine.

As a side note look at my thread that talks about v2 and v3.2 filters being resident in v.4.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent you basically duplicate advice over at Jadoc's "filters" thread. You are starting out on the right foot. Recommend Deus Fast as your base program with frequency set at 8 or 12 khz with Full Tones then go get yourself some silver. Use 18 khz for small mid-conductives or possibly ferreting out some edge on coins. 4 KHZ will get you max depth but limits you because TX power is locked at 3 which may not be good for hot soil. Keep Reactivity at the 2.5 default. If you change it, make sure you set silencer back to -1 or 0. It has a tendancy to set itself to higher numbers (>0) when you change it which can kill depth. Have fun. Hope you stay awhile before moving on to your next experiment (Can you say, Nokta Impact). lol.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to see you trying a deus, looks like you cleaned house with it too.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we met up in Alabama to hunt he wa suing his f 75 and I was using my Deus and I was digging flat buttons and round balls and he was digging vintage bus tokens. He immediately ran out and bought a Deus.lol

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sent you basically duplicate advice over at Jadoc's "filters" thread. You are starting out on the right foot. Recommend Deus Fast as your base program with frequency set at 8 or 12 khz with Full Tones then go get yourself some silver. Use 18 khz for small mid-conductives or possibly ferreting out some edge on coins. 4 KHZ will get you max depth but limits you because TX power is locked at 3 which may not be good for hot soil. Keep Reactivity at the 2.5 default. If you change it, make sure you set silencer back to -1 or 0. It has a tendancy to set itself to higher numbers (>0) when you change it which can kill depth. Have fun. Hope you stay awhile before moving on to your next experiment (Can you say, Nokta Impact). lol.
Thanks for the info.

I'm glad to see you trying a deus, looks like you cleaned house with it too.
Thanks! It's looking like it's a keeper.

When we met up in Alabama to hunt he wa suing his f 75 and I was using my Deus and I was digging flat buttons and round balls and he was digging vintage bus tokens. He immediately ran out and bought a Deus.lol
Heck I learn something every day, from now on I'm not throwing away those little round disc with holes in them. LOL

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread