boxxxer

Feb 25, 2015
ohio
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT pro, 8.5x11 and 5x8 and nel storm coil
Deus ws4 with 11 inch coil, hf coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coil went to one bar after two hour hunt., made sure system was fully charged prior to hunt. head phones showing same battery level after two hours.
I was hunting in basic one. only thing changed was GB tracking. could the tracking be draining battery faster? or is this a coil battery prob.
second question since battery drain! can you use an inverter to charge coil in the field. and does anyone know what the battery voltage would be after a full charge? there might be a better way of verifying actual battery voltage if we could verify it with a meter.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coil went to one bar after two hour hunt., made sure system was fully charged prior to hunt. head phones showing same battery level after two hours.
I was hunting in basic one. only thing changed was GB tracking. could the tracking be draining battery faster? or is this a coil battery prob.
second question since battery drain! can you use an inverter to charge coil in the field. and does anyone know what the battery voltage would be after a full charge? there might be a better way of verifying actual battery voltage if we could verify it with a meter.

I had an issue very similar to yours - I reinstalled 3.2 then reinstalled 4.0 and haven't had any issues since.

I run GB in "tracking" and notch the entire GB bar. I don't think GB is the issue.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Negative running GB with tracking will not kill battery that fast. There is a small bug with the V4 software I believe. There is another thread about this issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had it happen once. Just charge it up like normal and you should be fine. If it happens again, run the coil to fully discharged then charge again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread