XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tooman -

Congrats and welcome to the Deus. Glad you were able to find one at hopefully a reasonable cost.

Does it have 3.2 or 4.0 firmware installed? Advice varies slightly depending on the software version because the built-in programs are a little different between the two versions and there are some new settings with the new 4.0 software.

OP
OP
T

Toolman0114

Sep 15, 2016
Windsor, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett ATPro
Fisher CZ21
Minelab GPX 4500
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's version 4.0
Got a great price, 11" coil, remote, and WS5 headphones.

Tooman -

Congrats and welcome to the Deus. Glad you were able to find one at hopefully a reasonable cost.

Does it have 3.2 or 4.0 firmware installed? Advice varies slightly depending on the software version because the built-in programs are a little different between the two versions and there are some new settings with the new 4.0 software.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok awesome. To get started I personally would use the Deus Fast program with a few tweaks: Change the operating frequency to 8 or 12 khz vice the 18 khz default and switch # of tones (Expert Setting under discrimination) to "Full Tones". There are 2, 3, 4, and 5 tone options, but it is probably best if you start with Full Tones from the get go because that is where you will want to end up. If Full Tones is overwhelming go ahead and switch back to the default 3 tone. The key is getting used to correlating the tone you hear to the target ID. With full tones you can eventually get to the point where you don't need to depend on the visual target ID # to make a dig decision. But getting to that points requires a lot of swing time to train your ears. Finally, I would switch Reactivity (which is basically an adjustable recovery speed) down to 2.5 from 3 and then go into the expert setting under reactivity and set silencer to either -1 (off)or at most 0 if it is not already on one of those two settings. You can adjust sensitivity up or down as necessary but 90 is a fine starting point. It can get chatty on high sensitivity settings so you can bump it up to 93-95. The detection depth kind of plateaus above 95 so there is not much point running it up there unless it is running quiet. Once you make the program tweaks I mentioned above, you can save the tweaked program as a custom program in one of the empty custom program slots per the user manual instructions. This should get you started at least. I highly recommend watching the Gary Blackwell Deus videos that are linked at the top of the forum. He explains the various settings and what they mean. I also recommend getting Andy Sabisch Deus handbook and just read through the various forum threads here to get more insights. Most of all, ask questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread