Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
never question treasure just dig it ! lol
Halfway through my 2nd season, I am beginning to learn and to remind myself that I am here to dig, and that the MD is simply a means to that end, not the end in itself. I find more interesting items that way. Trying to unlearn a lot that I "learned" last season regarding thinking that I know what the target is. That may not be a pull ring... it may be an aluminum token or a gold ring.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when im on a good relic site I dig , can I tell when im over something good alot of times yes, but sometimes that junk signal turns out to be killer. I had site sometime back and it was loaded we dug all the great signals and kept going over it digging even the junkiest of signals I saw some great stuff come out of the ground from those awful signals which cleaned up when they came out. A VERYYYYYY good lesson for me/ wish I would have filmed all those awful signals it really was something.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
when im on a good relic site I dig , can I tell when im over something good alot of times yes, but sometimes that junk signal turns out to be killer. I had site sometime back and it was loaded we dug all the great signals and kept going over it digging even the junkiest of signals I saw some great stuff come out of the ground from those awful signals which cleaned up when they came out. A VERYYYYYY good lesson for me/ wish I would have filmed all those awful signals it really was something.

CD,
I wish you had Video'd them too....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sifter Prog rocks! :headbang:
It is my go to prog and I have 2 modified versions next to it that are tweaked for the places I detect at.
One has some notches in it to get rid of the iron and junk, up the sens a bit and a few other tweaks.
The other has tweaks in Sens, Desc, Reac, Sile and Audio.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it is a awesome program ,there a old lock that I want to bring it to, it has some kinda fill that looks like brown and black pop corn but didn't have any success with other machines, so I want to see how the deus does plus some spots that have this rare ore ,that is only found in a few places . its a task , but still like to see . did you ever up date to 4.0

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan - I did a 1/2 hr hunt in the yard to try it out then upgraded to V4 that night. Went out the next day and started swinging and learning the sounds.
Been having a lot of fun with it. Some cool finds and a TON of clad.
Lets see them crazy rocks! Go out and double Deus then! Let me know when you have a free weekend.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan - I did a 1/2 hr hunt in the yard to try it out then upgraded to V4 that night. Went out the next day and started swinging and learning the sounds.
Been having a lot of fun with it. Some cool finds and a TON of clad.
Lets see them crazy rocks! Go out and double Deus then! Let me know when you have a free weekend.
I was used to 3.2 than I got 4.0 and didn't do much testin other then trying to hit a twelve inch quarter which I did there a bit of a difference with V4 and wasn't quite sold on it until I started hunting , an pulling out goodies amongst the iron .I just watch calabash video on some of the programs and didn't realize that you can use it in 3.2 and a early version. that is way cool .no what els is cool popping out that gold ring with other peoples plugs all around .now I no I sound like a deus rep , but I'm just a happy customer. ye it sounds cool I'll let you no
when I can get out . I was thinking maybe have to switch to a gold program in these spots ,from a video that Gary made, the one that was a tire rim in crappie soil . and we can do some 9inch Vs 11 comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread