What Are The Best Settings For Unmasking A Dime Going Down The Lengh Of The Nail?

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this with a HF coil or one of the legacy coils? I just got my 9.5 elliptical coil in today so will be doing some testing later and will try what you say above with the Disc set so high.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just the standard 9" in All Metal Disc. Sense 95 Disc 6 but can go higher. Tune 0. Be sure to press pinpoint to balance the coil to ground conditions. The line on the ferrous non ferrous bar will center and your ready to go. But good luck keeping it there. I just dont have any really good non EMI iron loaded spots to really test this on so I've not had much luck. But it seems if you could get it to steady it could prove to be good.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Video of the iron see through. Again I've not been able to get this to work well out in the field but then again it could be user error on my part.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking if that doesn't have anyway to discriminate your getting more "depth" because it's a higher conducting target being added to the mix. I can't tell of any sound difference in the video of there is one.

Honestly I don't think there is a VLF machine on the market that could hit a dime going down the barrel of a square nail, I could be wrong but there is zero target separation so I don't see with out some major computing power to process that crazy signal and just single out the silver

Last edited:

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking if that doesn't have anyway to discriminate your getting more "depth" because it's a higher conducting target being added to the mix. I can't tell of any sound difference in the video of there is one.

Honestly I don't think there is a VLF machine on the market that could hit a dime going down the barrel of a square nail, I could be wrong but there is zero target separation so I don't see with out some major computing power to process that crazy signal and just single out the silver

If your looking at the screen (sorry didnt show it) it shows the reject/accept bar popping into the accept range, and the iron is nulled until it gets within 2" of the coil. So any audio response means something is there of a higher conductivity.

Also you can use Audio Disc All Metal and get similar results with a variation of a high tone for non ferrous but I've had even less luck getting it work well. But there was when it did work obvious audio modulation and indication on screen that a non ferrous target was there. They need to lower the iron audio response frequency and raise the non ferrous so that there is more of a contrast. And they need to work on making one of these a standard like Gold Field.

The capability is there I believe to have an amazing amount of iron see through. Why they dont make these modes more useful/stable is beyond me.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm very interesting results thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread