Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are having people call in here at the service center with machines locked up.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad I refrained from updating so far the previous version is just fine.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't installed v4.1 yet, but I did want to point it that I don't think this beta release was "leaked"... at least not like v4 beta was leaked. The download to that v4.1 beta was posted on the XP main site forum by their CEO Alain and he said for people to try it out. Forum XP ? Afficher le sujet - Version 4.1(beta) pour DEUS If you view the main XP site and click on the French flag, a "Forum" menu appears. Chrome, or whatever browser auto translates the website from French to English. So I often look at the XP Forum for the Deus since its administered by the people who make the Deus and Alain is the one who posts info in there most. Anyway, after he posted the v4.1 beta link, it then was re-posted all over. So unlike v4 beta, XP actually wanted people to try v4.1 beta.

Alain 4.1.jpg

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks but there is problems with it ,just passing on what I was told and Andy Sabish posted on another forum I'm on that it was risky to download it. .

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok thanks but there is problems with it ,just passing on what I was told and Andy Sabish posted on another forum I'm on that it was risky to download it. .

I was just reading those over there. When I read the list of fixed issues in Alain's post on the XP forum, it didn't seem like anything urgent for me. The weird mi6 connection issues i have are minimal... So I was going to wait this time! Because the beta was posted on the main XP site by the top guy at the company, in a public forum and telling people to try it... I think those people who bricked hardware with it will be covered under warranty... but that sure would be a pain to not have a machine for a while. Ha.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't download it and didn't see who released it , I just took it that it was leaked by a tester. That makes no sence to me if Alain put it out there. Well I don't know I do know that I will wait and see what happens. thanks for the info . I guess I got the leaked part wrong

Last edited:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I'm not sure why he released the v4.1 beta.... He did do that with v4 beta... That one was absolutely leaked and they even took it off a server to stop the leaking. But v4.1 he put out there... The XP forum is public and you don't even need to sign in to see the posts. Chrome translates all the French for me so I navigate the French XP site, just as it were the English version. I first saw people post v4.1 on FB and went to the XP forum and saw just where it came from. Haha. So there must be a lot of people who check the XP forum because his post was only a couple hours old when it was on the FB groups. But now people at least know where the source of the 4.1 beta install came from so people didn't think it was leaked by the testers again.

You should totally add the XP forum to your areas to check for info. Alain puts some great info on there. The only trick is you have to click on the French flag on the XP main site to get the forum link. They only show it in the French version of their site because all the forum posts are in French... It's a great resource though.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kinda going what Andy posted on the other forum in his thread. I will check it out .

Sep 14, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, fisher F75, Fisher F19, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Equinox 800, Excalibur 2, CTX 3030, Fisher CZ3D, Minelab GB Xtreme PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy always claims that, seems he likes to always be the first to have the updates. Scare tactics.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I updated both of my control units to beta v4.1 because I was having so many problems with the mi-6 pinpointer. It has been working great for few weeks now and fixed the pinpointer issues. Is there some specific setting that causes the locking up?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is probably an older version of the Beta that was locking up. The problem with the beta version is that you really don't know what you have. I just stay away until they release the final version and even then, I will wait at least a week based on the last botched XP Ver 4.0 release where they lost version control. My machine would have to be locked up and inoperable in the first place before I would even consider loading an XP beta.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MI-6 pinpointer connection to the controller was a huge problem for me with V4. I would loose the coil connection for up to a few minutes at times. Since I updated to V4.1 Beta the issue is still there but much less frequently happening and when it happens its less than a minute before the coil is connected back. It was driving me nuts. I actually went back to my carrot for about a month back in Sept. Maybe its just me, but it seems like the GB is also more stable with the V4.1 Beta?

Anyway, I just want to make sure that I avoid doing anything with the controller that would potentially cause my detector to lock up.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they did do something with GB in 4.1. I get it with the pinpointer, but it is not acting up all that much for me. I just cycle the pinpointer whenever that happens I am back in business faster than waiting for the headphones to catch up. In fact, I use the mi6 (with the headphones) even when I am not using the Deus, I like it that much. I know the variation in connectivity issues exists. For some, like you, it is almost unusable. I have noticed a variation depending on what coil I am using, which I think makes no sense because (as I said above, you can use the MI6 wireless with just the headphones even if a coil is no present - weird). Glad they are addressing it, but I can live with it myself for now rather than taking the risk of loading the beta. Besides I do not want to redo my programming at this point. I am locked in and will have to consider whether I even want to install the final release, for that matter. Again, I don't think you will have to worry about lockups anymore, they probably fixed that in whatever beta version you are running and if it mostly fixes the issue for you, that's great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread