copied this us coin program from page 102 of a book and it calls SILVER IRON!!!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day I'll get around to actually trying more than one or two settings out! I have done very well with the HF coil either running 28k or 74k. I basically use the Deus fast mode and just dig. And dig. And dig. I hardly ever go to sites that have a lot of trash. Good for me. The last three big iron pieces were ancient keepers, a big colonial handle and a cannon ball and grape shot. I'll have to try more of the programs out, but right now, not enough time and too many sites! I was at a beach today looking for driftwood and the stupid environmentalist company had picked it up to go burn it! Got some coins, nothing to go goofy about, but no one has been there in months, so not too bad.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
going to try this one

I have one for the HF coil that is just about this one except it is 14.4 kz and I had the reactivity at 3. I understand that the 7kz is supposed to be the deep silver/coin freq but 14.4 kz should still be the deepest silver freq for the HF coil?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for the HF coil that is just about this one except it is 14.4 kz and I had the reactivity at 3. I understand that the 7kz is supposed to be the deep silver/coin freq but 14.4 kz should still be the deepest silver freq for the HF coil?

It should be and it is nice to have 14 khz on the HF (you can actually crank it down to 13 khz if you want with frequency shift with NO penalty because TX power is always locked at 2 for the HF coil), but have found some deep (6+ inch) silvers at 28 khz too.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It should be and it is nice to have 14 khz on the HF (you can actually crank it down to 13 khz if you want with frequency shift with NO penalty because TX power is always locked at 2 for the HF coil), but have found some deep (6+ inch) silvers at 28 khz too.

Thanks, was thinking so. The really cool thing about the deus is the ability to make changes that can change how the machines performs, almost like you can hit an already hit hard spot again but with a new perspective as to how and still make finds. I agree with several that feel that no one certain program is perfect for everything so having several to pick from plus being able to make changes on the fly is very nice. learning a lot and have a lot to learn but loving it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread