XP Deus: Old Control unit / New Coil / Headphones -> how to proceed?

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all,

perhaps someone can help me:

I have got: One old control unit (V3.2) and will receive in the next days a new coil & headphones (assumedly V4.0). Coil is standard 9 inch, no HF model.

Needed new coil and headhphones since the backpack was stolen out of my car btw.

How should i proceed:

A) Update control box alone to V4 and then just pair it with the coil?
B) Just pair with the coil (headphone should go automatic, shouldnt it?) and update all over to V4.

And an addtional question: If I dont like the V4 can I go back with the new hardware to V3.2, so to say is the new hardware downway compatible?

Greets & thanks in advance

Namxat

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you update the Control Box to 4.0... have the headphones and coil close to the computer and Control Box plugged into the computer via USB cord.
When updating the Control Box just follow the instructions and all will be updated.
Yes you can go back to whatever version you want...just rewrites over previous version.
Gary

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shouldn't hurt to "re-update" the coil and phones. The updater may even check for installed version and skip the update.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with the above. Go ahead and just update them all again.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to have all your components fully charged before updating.

OP
OP
N

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,

thank you very much for your input, it now is all updated and paired. I ´ll try the new config on the weekend.

To tell you how it turned out and to the benefit of users in future who will alos encounter the problem:

1) charged everything to the max, downloaded the update prog, and followed instructions
2) The update progress recognized the new headphone, but not the new coil -> turned out not to be a problem since it was in V4 anyway
3) Pairing the coil was tedious -> you must follow the instructions for ADDTIONAL COILS, not for change coils
4) My manual delivered in print was s..t, it told me to name the coil first and afterwards to give in the serial number
5) In reality, there was no step for naming the coil (Good, it is not a kitten or puppy!) and after a few tries i figured that "SN" means to input the serial number immedialty.
6) Serial number is printed on the coil beteen the ears.
7) Afterwards in the main menue "no coil" vanished and I had strong responses on the display to my reinforced concrete floor -> It works, thank god.

Further observations:
- If you buy a deus light, there is no adapter plate installed for your remote -> doesent matter for I want to cut it down a little anyway and can install the adapter plate on this go. If you dont have an adapter plate lying around order one.
-There is also no update cable included in the deus light (makes kinda sense) so if you find yourself in my situation order one or try another small usb to big usb cable.
-New folding headphone looks sturdier and more comfortabel, will try if it lives up to this

Thanks again to All

Namxat

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the changed the coil naming option wit v4 so those old written Instructions no longer apply. Now realize the coil will not automatically upgrade unless it was already paired with the Controller which was not possible because they were two different versions of sw.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread