Patiently waiting

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Waiting for soybeans to come off my 1870's home sites (3) Getting as many hours and tones as I can until I get back to Relic hunting. Fair grounds is a good spot for that. Pretty much knew what I was digging today,Lots of clad, a couple carnival tokens, a some trash. Got about 30 hours on it so far. And a field stone detector found and pinpointer beeps????? 1004171158.jpg 1004171200.jpg

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You only dug 4 pull tabs on a fairground? Imagine all of those rings you left behind! Just kidding...pull tabs are kind of the reason I avoid parks and modern trash sites, I don't blame you for only digging 4.........as far as the rock, just about every rock that size in the woods behind my house where I hunt sets off my detector.....classic "hot rock".....in the expert field under ground balance, add 2 or 3 points of ground notch and they won't false anymore. I need some good frost to kill off the weeds at my sites.....

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You only dug 4 pull tabs on a fairground? Imagine all of those rings you left behind! Just kidding...pull tabs are kind of the reason I avoid parks and modern trash sites, I don't blame you for only digging 4.........as far as the rock, just about every rock that size in the woods behind my house where I hunt sets off my detector.....classic "hot rock".....in the expert field under ground balance, add 2 or 3 points of ground notch and they won't false anymore. I need some good frost to kill off the weeds at my sites.....

Oh I have dug plenty in the hours I have on it, today I was being a little more selective, ground is hard! I have two more sites in the woods......need these leaves to fall!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hopefully the wait will be short. We had so much rain earlier this year that they couldn't keep all of my permission cut and it is pretty high now. So I have been waiting to hunt several large areas and it is whenever they decide to cut again. meanwhile I take a stroll thru a very trashy area and thin out 15 to 30 pull tabs/rings plus the other numerous great sounding trash. As I thin out this area, it becomes easier to dig those crappy signals that I have been avoiding because of how hard the ground is. with three sites, you will have hopefully some great relics and such for us to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread