Deus, can we buy an Submersible model yet?

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water blocks the wireless transmissions, just wading requires an antenna from the coil to the control module for the wireless coil transmission to work.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is give and take with detectors, always has been to my knowledge, I have a Lot to learn, Thanks Charles.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles, exactly! One of the downsides of wireless detectors (esp coil wireless) - nice but not ALL that. What is interesting, is as of right now, the Equinox 800, though waterproof to 10 ft., is only supplied with wireless phones?!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles, exactly! One of the downsides of wireless detectors (esp coil wireless) - nice but not ALL that. What is interesting, is as of right now, the Equinox 800, though waterproof to 10 ft., is only supplied with wireless phones?!

I was thinking about that, they gotta have a waterproof jack on them somewhere right?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT has been one of my questions, I would need to buy a set of "wired" headphones from Minelab as well, they DO have a plug for that, do they not?

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the Equinox has a wired coil just the headphones are wireless. Both machines have their pro's and con's for beach hunting. That both are half the weight of older machines at least that trend is heading in the right direction thank Christ.

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about that, they gotta have a waterproof jack on them somewhere right?

Equinox appears to have a metal screw on port for wired headphones, above and left of the coil connector.

eqx1.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they have wired phones, just wish I didn't have to pay extra for a compatible set of (preferably waterproof) phones. They should have at least included the wired phones that come with the 600.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they have wired phones, just wish I didn't have to pay extra for a compatible set of (preferably waterproof) phones. They should have at least included the wired phones that come with the 600.

buy them online. They are cheap chinese BT-40 headphones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not waterproof. They are the same thing that comes with the 800 except without the ML logo

I think you may be missing my point. I am looking for ML to supply at least the wired headset they provide with the 600 since bluetooth won't work when using the Equinox in the water with the housing submerged. Besides, I plan on using my own set of BT headphones that I use exercising when using the Equinox on land. Great sound quality and comfortable and should be compatible with Equinox since it meets the BT 4 spec.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be missing my point. I am looking for ML to supply at least the wired headset they provide with the 600 since bluetooth won't work when using the Equinox in the water with the housing submerged. Besides, I plan on using my own set of BT headphones that I use exercising when using the Equinox on land. Great sound quality and comfortable and should be compatible with Equinox since it meets the BT 4 spec.

but they are wired. They come with a patch wire that connects them to the detector.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but they are wired. They come with a patch wire that connects them to the detector.

Thanks. Did not know that, thought they were only wireless, not wired and wireless. That clears it up. I asked you a question on the other thread concerning the wired H/P jack at the detector interface and whether it required a proprietary plug. Do you know?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Did not know that, thought they were only wireless, not wired and wireless. That clears it up. I asked you a question on the other thread concerning the wired H/P jack at the detector interface and whether it required a proprietary plug. Do you know?

hahaha, I thought I was going crazy. I didnt even catch on to the fact we were having the same conversation in two threads. Yeah, I think I just answered it over there.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread