XP Dues Question

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious why you chose the WS5's over the WS4's - Just want to know what is important to folks so I can make informed recommendations to future Deus owners. Thanks.

Hey VF! I wear a headset all day long as I am on the phone most of the day so how something sits on my head matters a lot. I didn't like the feel of the WS4 setup, odd being on the back part of the head. The WS5 are like cool old school headphones from back in the day. Totally comfy, have good sound and at 3 or 4 for volume, I can totally hear what is going on around me.
I never had any issues with heat or sweat when out swinging in the 90* weather either.
Years of being in a band and all the concerts I have been to have hurt my hearing so the WS5's have good sounds and volume to me and make those full tones ring out and help me find Silver and Gold!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.A.P. Metal, I was using the 9" coil yesterday and was pulling 17th and 18th century 1/4" items as deep a 4-5". Blew me away. The 5" coils only apply to same old stuff, different day machines. If you want, get the 9" elliptical coil. The 17th century nipple button I got the other day had a nail stuck to it. You can still see in that photo some of the rust on the button face.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a elliptical coil for sale never used except to test and a 9 inch lf coil for sale too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I still can't figure out how to swing two machines at the same time, or one machine with two coils on it.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me sell you a coil and you can try ...lol

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell you how many things I've pulled out of hunted out sites after getting the Deus. Working that thing slowly in the iron is a lot of fun. You can line up 5 targets within an inch of each other and as you swing over them you can hear all the different tones.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
btwwill trade coils toward the at max too.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey VF! I wear a headset all day long as I am on the phone most of the day so how something sits on my head matters a lot. I didn't like the feel of the WS4 setup, odd being on the back part of the head. The WS5 are like cool old school headphones from back in the day. Totally comfy, have good sound and at 3 or 4 for volume, I can totally hear what is going on around me.
I never had any issues with heat or sweat when out swinging in the 90* weather either.
Years of being in a band and all the concerts I have been to have hurt my hearing so the WS5's have good sounds and volume to me and make those full tones ring out and help me find Silver and Gold!
OK, understood. That's why I recommended the Deteknix after market phones that accommodate the ws4 puck. Comfortable, clear sounding phones, removeable puck capability, with wired option for about the same total price as the WS5's (i.e., Cost of WS4 + Deteknix = WS5).

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, understood. That's why I recommended the Deteknix after market phones that accommodate the ws4 puck. Comfortable, clear sounding phones, removeable puck capability, with wired option for about the same total price as the WS5's (i.e., Cost of WS4 + Deteknix = WS5).
That`s the headphones i`m treating myself to in the spring taking your advice Vferrari !
Come up here in the spring and get that Large Cent or two and as we hunt yell a boot camp at me !
Gary

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
G.A.P. Metal, I was using the 9" coil yesterday and was pulling 17th and 18th century 1/4" items as deep a 4-5". Blew me away. The 5" coils only apply to same old stuff, different day machines. If you want, get the 9" elliptical coil. The 17th century nipple button I got the other day had a nail stuck to it. You can still see in that photo some of the rust on the button face.
Smokey
Are you saying that you think XP will not build a smaller say 5" or 6" coil ?
Or are you saying that you think the 9" coil will separate as good as a XP 5" or 6" coil if they were to build one ?
I like the 11" very much,would love to try a 9" the Deus blows me away .
Gary

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to post in the classifieds and realized my charter membership had expired after I posted that. I will renew it ...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That`s the headphones i`m treating myself to in the spring taking your advice Vferrari !
Come up here in the spring and get that Large Cent or two and as we hunt yell a boot camp at me !
Gary

Hope I can pull it off, Gary. That sounds great!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey
Are you saying that you think XP will not build a smaller say 5" or 6" coil ?
Or are you saying that you think the 9" coil will separate as good as a XP 5" or 6" coil if they were to build one ?
I like the 11" very much,would love to try a 9" the Deus blows me away .
Gary

Gary,

I have the elliptical 9x5" and it separates great (I also own a 5" round DD coil for my F75, so I know what you are looking for). The elliptical is like a laser beam. I've asked Andy Sabisch some questions about future accessories, and the only coil they are working on right now is their two-box hoard hunter coil. They are, however, working on software updates that may unlock additional functionality in the HF coils that I can only speculate on. I always thought an XP Deus concentric coil would be interesting but I do not think there are any plans for one either.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to post in the classifieds and realized my charter membership had expired after I posted that. I will renew it ...

I know what you mean. I've let mine lapse many times because they don't send a renewal notice and I just forget when it expires. I usually just discover it by chance when I look at my profile or avatar.

OP
OP
J

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
So I got the Deus and so far so good. Have not found anything significant just a few modern coins, horseshoe and things like that.

But now I have a few questions on settings-

Discrimination- what is the value of Negative discrimination ?

Does anyone use a DD coil on the Deus?? What do you think about it. ?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jss1216
I think all the coils for the Deus are DD....did yours come with some other coil ?
Gary

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread