28kHz Killed it today!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellant dig. I would use one button and some q tips. Clean with Loctite aluminum Jelly cleaner and brighter. Ace hardware has it. Do one button first but for me they restore the gilt and button better then ever expected. Try one slowly first and pretty sure you will do them all.
Again great hunt you got everything but the coat :hello:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellant dig. I would use one button and some q tips. Clean with Loctite aluminum Jelly cleaner and brighter. Ace hardware has it. Do one button first but for me they restore the gilt and button better then ever expected. Try one slowly first and pretty sure you will do them all.
Again great hunt you got everything but the coat :hello:

I don't think it's sold anymore. They have other types but not the Aluminum Jelly. At least I can't find it on there website. I'm out and have been looking.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool....i bet you stumbled across an area where a complete jacket or two were dropped or left behind....i stumbled across a dropped WWII Jacket, same deal as yours, 8 or 10 great seal buttons, all lined up pretty much in a row, 2 or 3 had material still on the back. Great find!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great! I ran 28kh behind where we hunted in a 30x30 spot we hammered it in 7kh and 14 kh.... I found around 20 non ferrous targets that we missed and 3 were buttons. Including a war of 1812 script a. SOMETHINGS going on with that freq....

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great! I ran 28kh behind where we hunted in a 30x30 spot we hammered it in 7kh and 14 kh.... I found around 20 non ferrous targets that we missed and 3 were buttons. Including a war of 1812 script a. SOMETHINGS going on with that freq....

Yes, I agree! 28kHz is now part of my general hunting program. I got out today for a short hunt at a site that I hammered with both 7 and 14kHz as well and found a US Army General Service button made between 1808 and 1830 according to Albert's book. Also found a very small oval shaped button (maybe a cuff link) that is tombac looking and another old flat button. I will post pictures on another thread.

I really believe the 9" HF round coil maximizes its performance at 28kHZ and the Elliptical HF coil maximized its performance at 74kHz. For relic hunting in general, the 9" HF round wins due to target depth. Although, in heavy iron and modern trash the Elliptical wins IMO.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sold that the elliptical beats the 9 in heavy iron will have to do some test in the higher freqs.. because in 14 kh I got the nine to separate better in some nails test..

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sold that the elliptical beats the 9 in heavy iron will have to do some test in the higher freqs.. because in 14 kh I got the nine to separate better in some nails test..

Yeah, try that elliptical at 74kHz over a target that is totally masked when you use the 9 HF round at 14kHz. You will most likely not get a positive result with any target deeper than 6" or 7" using the elliptical at 74kHz. But the elliptical pounds non ferrous that is extremely masked at 74kHz. This is all just my opinion from experience in the field. I'm sure that there are other variables that can negatively affect performance.

Apples to Apples, yes I agree that the 9" HF round at 14kHz unmasks better than the elliptical at 14kHz (as your videos show). But higher frequencies change the game a little bit.

These HF coils can make a dead site come alive. So much fun.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's sold anymore. They have other types but not the Aluminum Jelly. At least I can't find it on there website. I'm out and have been looking.

I can not find it either. It is the best for restoration to almost like new. Everyone is out of stock. I have a new bottle here on my desk. I would go far as contacting Locktite. Its only 6 bucks. Would be scared of the rust remover. If you cannot find any let me know i might be able to ship a little of mine to you. What a great find. Contact Buckleboy he is an expert on doing buttons after he gets pass his tooth picking of them lol.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...inum-jelly-gilt-buttons-cleaning-results.html

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps as you go up in freq+small coil, and get less depth, your then not getting the deeper iron and trash below the targets masking as much as your not getting as big a signal returned from it, i'm not saying that is what happened here, but ive found this on numerous occasions, eg i've a dime size silver coin @6" with iron a few inches below and my small coil hits it perfect, put on the larger coils pumped up for depth and it mostly misses the coin and calls an iron tone.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be on to something there.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not find it either. It is the best for restoration to almost like new. Everyone is out of stock. I have a new bottle here on my desk. I would go far as contacting Locktite. Its only 6 bucks. Would be scared of the rust remover. If you cannot find any let me know i might be able to ship a little of mine to you. What a great find. Contact Buckleboy he is an expert on doing buttons after he gets pass his tooth picking of them lol.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...inum-jelly-gilt-buttons-cleaning-results.html

Is Loctite the only company that makes aluminum jelly? Are there any other products that are the same as aluminum jelly?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seems to be a game changer for relic sites...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Loctite the only company that makes aluminum jelly? Are there any other products that are the same as aluminum jelly?

No others make it as a rust remover. Loctite is made by the Henkel corporation. It contains phosphoric acid.The number is 1-800-624-7767. The might be able to recommend a replacement for this product. My guess is they could not ship it anymore because of the phosphoric acid being a hazardous material.
Good luck!
I will check if my local ace still has any on the shelf where I bought this.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to be able to buy Aluminum Brightener (phosphoric acid) by the gallon in liquid form from truck parts supplier. That stopped too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions