Just curious ...what DEUS version are you running in your machine.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as V5, fuggetaboudit. Anyone who lived through the, no kidding, 1.5 years of imminent release announcements for V4 know what I am talking about
:laughing7: How could anyone forget.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Version 4.1 is superior to version 4.0.
Although
I haven't compared version 3.2 to 4.1 version...If I had to make an educated guess 4.1 trumps all previous versions using low frequency coils.
Why?
A little thing called ' ground sensitivity' setting version 4.1 allows for as far as changing.

I even proved it today as far as version 4.1 being superior to V4.0.
Targets in the wild.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was beginning to think I would never use my LF coils again since getting the HF coils. With the release of v 4.1 that may have changed. Thanks guys for the awesome effort you put into helping others understand the nuances of the Deus and the updates. Good luck!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was beginning to think I would never use my LF coils again since getting the HF coils. With the release of v 4.1 that may have changed. Thanks guys for the awesome effort you put into helping others understand the nuances of the Deus and the updates. Good luck!

Not sure I will go back to the LF vs.the HF, but it's worth it to experiment because the ground sense adjustment does seem to improve LF coil performance.

Last edited:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still using V3.2 I use GM Power or Deus Fast 95% of the time.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GM Power was eliminated as a preset in Ver 4, but you can easily emulate it again with a custom program if you really liked it.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As of yesterdays hunt I was still using V4.0. Next hunt, V4.1, guess I will update this evening.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello WaterScoop,

I used the TimexSinclair 1000 back in the day. :icon_thumleft: Thanks for the memory.

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread