Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the "improvements" in 4.1, to me they look worthless? Ground Sensitivity setting? IDK...maybe someone could explain that addition better then the 4.1 manual....also says the HF coils are ignored in the update, does that mean it's just a control box update ?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think XP timed this release to take the wind out of Minelab's sails with the impending release of the Equinox. Smart move.

Seriously, I'm giving it a few weeks, because I remember what happened with the 4.0 release botch. I think the key is improved comms with the pinpointer. If you don't have the MI6, minimal benefit, though some users have reported some reduced ground noise or something.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just updated to V4.1 Final- took 10 mins on my 2 controllers and 2 WS4s and reset my relic programs. I have been playing around with the 3 tone and finding that I get a little bit of extra depth over that Pitch program with the same settings.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange that depth would be affected by which tones setup you choose to use. Did you observe this to be new to 4.1 (i.e., you did the same test with 4.0 and it was different behvior)?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you adjust the pitch all the way up to 604?

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange that depth would be affected by which tones setup you choose to use. Did you observe this to be new to 4.1 (i.e., you did the same test with 4.0 and it was different behvior)?

I only observed this with V4.1 beta. I just updated to V4.1 final last night, so I will test again.

But we are not talking about a huge difference, maybe .5" extra depth with the 3 tone. It is noticeable in iron though. I feel like there is more bleed through of signals with the 3 tone vs pitch. I will post my program set ups on another post below.

If you try it, let me know if get the same kind of results?

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you adjust the pitch all the way up to 604?

Yes, here is my setup for Pitch:

Disc 10
Expert- Pitch set to 604HZ (highest)
Sens 90
Freq 28.8
Iron Vol 1
React 2.5
Audio Vol 5
No Notch
Ground Bal- Manual set at 86

Here is my 3 Tone:

Disc 10
Expert- 3 Tone
1st- 202hz (set at 10 Disc)
2nd- 202hz (30 tone break)
3rd- 993hz (highest)
Sens 90
Freq 28.8
Iron Vol 1
React 2.5
Audio Vol 5
No Notch
Ground Bal- Manual set at 86

If anyone tries this, please post your results. I am interested to see if others get similar results with depth and separation?

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried your exact settings but my two tone program is deeper than pitch, probably get an extra inch on a dime, but pitch separates much better....my two tone is based off the preset Deep Program and pitch off Deus Fast.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's for the test results fellows.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it, on deeper targets, the multitone hits better on deep marginal targets (because you can set audio response high) whereas pitch, you get what you get, so the same deep marginal target may not cause an audible pitch signal unless it is slightly shallower. I think if you had Audio response set lower such that there was a more pronounced effect of depth on audio then you might get similar results, but, yeah, looks like a definite advantage on depth while, as Ted says, pitch separates targets better (and generally speaking, you are not trying to separate a deep target). Thanks folks for the info. Good stuff. This is probably the case regardless of whether you are using 4.0 or 4.1. Learn something new about this sucker all the time.

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big question is, does it now work better with the MI-6 pinpointer?

Anybody tried it yet?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who tried the Beta said it helped with the Pinpointer disconnects.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the "improvements" in 4.1, to me they look worthless? Ground Sensitivity setting? IDK...maybe someone could explain that addition better then the 4.1 manual....also says the HF coils are ignored in the update, does that mean it's just a control box update ?

Version 4.1 is not a bells and whistle update.
To tell you the truth, notice HF coils are not updated with version4.1.
The LF coils are indeed.

Guess what?
This ground sensitivity setting----Big time Performance booster. I have checked and compared 4.0 to 4.1 using 9" LF coil.
9" LF coil V4.1 can hunt behind 9" LF coil V4.0 and make nonferous finds.

Version 4.1 is a better unmasker vs 4.0

Ground sensitivity seems is at least one reason why.

No BS.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance of a YouTube comparison showing this?

I don't do videos.

You can take what I said to the bank what I said above.

I have been in 4 sites so far pounded by Deus V3.2 and 4.0.

Every single time, when I have detected a find using V4.1 (ground sensitivty 6) and comparing to 4.0,,, signal is either better or actually visible. I have yet to see a target sound better even using Version 4.1 with ground sensitivty at level 10 vs level 6.

When I do find one that does I'll let folks know, and see if I can figure out the why behind.

Last edited:

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those who tried the Beta said it helped with the Pinpointer disconnects.
That would be AWESOME! That disconnect crap is for the birds. I LOVE my MI6, but, I have to keep clicking it off n on to get it to reconnect. It affects the coil and headphones at times too. Can't wait to try it out! REMEMBER KIDS, if you download a new version, write down your program settings. a new version update will wipe your box CLEAN! fyi

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When running 4.0 with my HF elliptical or standard 9" or 11" coils when pressing pinpoint most of the time it would go into Ground Balance mode and not pinpoint. I updated to 4.1 and it would go into pinpoint mode. I hope this was just a glitch in 4.0. Has anyone else experienced this ?

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I just reluctantly updated our 3 Deus's from 3.2 to 4.1. My wife's WS5's bit the dust and I didn't feel like sending them in so had a new set express shipped so we can hunt tomorrow. They wouldn't pair with our coils so I updated our spare and it worked. Then I didn't want her going thru any learning curves by herself so I went ahead and updated everything. I guess the good news is we can get those new XP pinpointers and have them work thru our headphones now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread