Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being stuck in the house for a couple of days can lead to a lot of research. I have been reading many posts and watching lots of videos on the HF coils like a lot of people have. I know that this huge permission has more to offer, even for my current setup. This is not a real need or gotta have thing but I can begin setting aside all of my loose change as well as the clad that I manage to find. if something more important happens and the money is needed there, oh well, I will just start over. The HF coils and the 4.1 version have a lot of pluses that would be pretty nice for sure. After watching these videos etc, I am leaning to the 9" round for my style and hunting. I can even let my wife have and use the LF coil. I'm not in any big hurry and you guys will continue to educate me in one way or another. I do appreciate the shared knowledge of so many of you. It has been quite a journey for me to get to this point but it has been the help from so many of you members of Tnet that have given me the desire to take this to another level, again. It is both a little scary and exciting but that was how it was when I bit the bullet and ordered the Deus in the first place. Besides, a person needs to keep challenging themselves no matter their situation. So please bare with me as I continue to ask my questions. DL

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you already have 9" LF coil, I would opt for elliptical coil. JMO.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those hf coils are good. I sent you a pm.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my elliptical coil today and pulled that ancient tiny 1" x 2" buckle at 9". I didn't think it would go that deep in a trashy iron infested area.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mice find smokey the cat.

US dimes at 10" deep very possible with elliptical coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was brass too, so that helped with the depth detected using 28.8khz.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mice find smokey the cat.

US dimes at 10" deep very possible with elliptical coil.

This was actually a typo.
But the typo sounds more fitting. Lol

Accidental humor, you got to love it.

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cost of the coil is not the primary concern. Your(our) time is what is irreplaceable. If you hunt much at all divide the $425.00 or so by the number of hours you hunt in a year and you'll discover how affordable it is. EVERY item found with the HF coil that would have been missed with the stock coil reduces the money spent by that much.

I've found that the elliptical coil helps me find the exact location of the item faster thus I spend more time hunting and less time sifting with a pinpointer. I'm no expert but that's my 2 cents.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep seein videos on that coil too. Lookin at the 9 inch round, myself. Love my 11" LF, but MAN can that thing be noisy! Be back to order one of those soon, Bart@Big Boys Hobbies.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good for you Dirtlooter on the Deus. I'm glad you are doing well with it. Folks seem to be doing well with their Deus'. Don't feel bad about asking questions. I don't own a Deus, but others here that do will be glad to chime in I'm sure with any questions you may have. Heck, that's how we learn ain't it? Lol Best of luck to you and Continued Success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread