Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By Bart@Big Boys Hobbies
  • 1 Post By calabash digger
  • 1 Post By HuntinDog
  • 1 Post By vferrari
  • 1 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By vferrari

Thread: One more Merc

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    7078 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

One more Merc

didn't have as much time this morning but managed to somehow find the 41 merc and a no date Jefferson. The nickle was a hard hitting signal and when it came out, it was very green and had me a little confused, never seen one green like that. The merc didn't sound like silver at all and I was surprised to see it. it was fairly deep as well but the tone still had me wondering if there was another coin in with it. I checked the hole and "plug" and sure enough there was another signal. unfortunately it was a flattened ball of foil. I am getting somewhat better with Full Tones at knowing that I am most likely digging iron with the occasional surprise. I am really loving this 28 kz at this point. The coins today were found in an area that I was certain to be slim pickings at best and yet they hit pretty hard. I can see where the higher freqs can possibly find some targets previously missed. #16 silver for year so far, I am getting so spoiled by the silver finds. yeah, the pull tabs and pull rings hit really hard too but oh well. I also found some more clad but they were pretty shallow. Glad I got off the fence and got the HF coil, well worth the investment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180307_115701.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1560760  
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    634 times
    Metal Detecting
    PURDY!
    dirtlooter likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Xp Deus ,aka sorex pro, I have owned ctx 30/30,racer2,nokta fors core,at pro,tesoro cortes.
    5068 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    nice!
    dirtlooter likes this.
    1781 Half reale, Spanish cob, 1802 1 Real
    1740 King George,Vermont state copper 178?
    1853 Trime
    1851 Large cent,1840 large cent
    6lb canon ball
    3 x N.C sunburst, Confederate block I coat,block I cuff
    S.C button
    Regiment Artillerists button 1811-1813
    Union Naval shell fuse
    Eagle I button,Eagle over canon button 1812
    Colonial cuff links intact
    1860 Indian Head fatty, 1859 fatty indian head
    1743 King George
    1861 Indian Head fatty
    1869 V nickel
    1902 Barber quarter, 1939 Walking half Dollar
    XP deus CTX 30/30
    Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    1135 times
    You must be hunt'n in a silver mine...
    Great job
    Congrats
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    Take a wild guess! Lol!
    3372 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    What a great permission. I can imagine Dirtlooter saying, "I need a pick me up, I think I will go get me some silver..."
    dirtlooter likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    7078 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    What a great permission. I can imagine Dirtlooter saying, "I need a pick me up, I think I will go get me some silver..."
    not always, today was hard hunting for only a buff and a wheatie. I have hunted a lot, sometimes 5 or 6 times a week to find what I find. I am usually dragging pretty bad by the time I get to the truck. I dug several very faint targets today only to lose the signal, not sure what happened on them. the merc from yesterday was actually my second target, that has never happened before. I am digging a lot more deeper mid conductors and foil using the HF coil. I never dreamed of finding this many silvers, especially at one site.
    jdiggs_treasure likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    Take a wild guess! Lol!
    3372 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    not always, today was hard hunting for only a buff and a wheatie. I have hunted a lot, sometimes 5 or 6 times a week to find what I find. I am usually dragging pretty bad by the time I get to the truck. I dug several very faint targets today only to lose the signal, not sure what happened on them. the merc from yesterday was actually my second target, that has never happened before. I am digging a lot more deeper mid conductors and foil using the HF coil. I never dreamed of finding this many silvers, especially at one site.
    Yep. Old nickels and pennies are just as fun IMO. Too bad they don't usually come out of the ground as pretty as silver, tho.
    jdiggs_treasure likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links