Headphones stopped working on the Deus

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend of mine admired my Deus and bought one himself. He called me and said during his second or third outing his headphones would turn on but he couldn't hear anything. My first thought was he had fooled with the control and selected the wrong coil on the headphones but I went over it with him (on the phone he is 100 miles away) but that doesn't seem to be it.

Any other explanations before he sends it back?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's the backphone. The "puck" comes off, it gives sound through the wrap around piece. try cleaning the contacts and wiggling the puck back and forth. I had to buy a new backphone for mine once, too much dropping it I guess. it cost $25.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
did the volume get turned all the way down? seems like there is a volume control for both the remote and the puck

OP
OP
P

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope. Volume is on 9. UPDATE..... he CAN hear if he plugs a regular set of headphones into the remote.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope. Volume is on 9. UPDATE..... he CAN hear if he plugs a regular set of headphones into the remote.

yeah, I would have thought that he might have the wrong coil selected then. I have one of those adapters on my puck for ear buds so my wife can use it

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try disconnecting the head phones from the controller then add them back on. Also what head phones WS4 or WS5 ?

OP
OP
P

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The puck was loose. He messaged me today and said it's working fine now. Thanks for everybody's help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread