pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got the m-6 pin pointer and paired it up no problem played around with it for a bit. Put it on the charger and then went out detecting, nothing, not working.
Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm tech stupid and sometimes things just are hard so I grabbed the carrot and carried on.
Today waiting for an appointment to arrive I decided to once again look at the Skills video on pairing it up.
Got it working but still nothing coming through the headphones.
I unpaired and re-paired a few times and then just left it on the setting where it works like a regular pin pointer.
I must be/not be doing something right, any suggestions.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is weird. How do you know you got it working (ie., paired with the remote) if you were hearing nothing? Also, try this, just turn on the remote speaker (forget about the headphones) are you hearing any tones come out of the speaker when you put it against a metal object?

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I paired it first it was working fine, simple actually, I tried it on various items checking air tests and the sensitivity. Now all I get it to do is work like a regular pointer, or if does pair the vibrate will work but there's no sound.
I'll try the other suggestion and get back with an answer. gear is in the truck and it's pouring rain. ( wimp mode kicks in )

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to play with it because I didn't know vibrate worked when paired.

Last edited:

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have it set for program 7?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear you finally got your issues resolved with your M-6 pinpointer Jim! :hello2:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions