Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree50Likes
  • 13 Post By dirtlooter
  • 7 Post By vferrari
  • 3 Post By Floridaprivateer
  • 4 Post By calabash digger
  • 3 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By calabash digger
  • 4 Post By Ammoman
  • 1 Post By HuntinDog
  • 5 Post By dirtlooter
  • 3 Post By VMI Digger
  • 5 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By DigDeepNow

Thread: Got the Nox 600 and it is ok but definitely not a Deus

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    6673 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Got the Nox 600 and it is ok but definitely not a Deus

After two, two hour plus hunts with the 600 nox at my site, my right arm is shot. The Deus has spoiled me with it's weight and it's compact-ability. I basically hunted over my already hunted area and while I did find some more targets, I found nothing exciting. I managed to find a sliver of a clad quarter and that was pretty cool and a little bling jewelry but mostly I dug iron and other trash that I had avoided with the Deus. I finally dug a very corroded Memorial penny right before I quit today but I can't swear that I missed it with the Deus. I may not have swung over it at all with the Deus. The 600 is an awesome machine and I like the 50 tone setup. it will make a super good primary machine for someone wanting to step up from a lesser machine. it will be a back up machine for me and a primary water machine. I did dig a couple very small, smaller than 22 short brass that I believe to have been 22 CB caps that I somehow missed with the Deus but then again, I may not have actually swung over them. The heavy coil just really wore me out and I could see how it would make the shaft wobble problem several are complaining about worse. I have partial tears in both shoulders and suffered a torn right bicep late last year and I can feel it very much so right now. The 4.1 version with the LF coil or the HF coil are pretty good at sucking the good stuff out of the ground. yes, I will still play around with the 600 in order to be better with it but there is no way that it will ever take the place of my Deus. Who knows, Deus may step it up with a multi-freq coil as well and I think that the theory is awesome but until then, I will keep a plugging on. The wife picked up the 600 and immediately told me that she might would try it for a minute or two but that would be it. The Deus just has so many awesome features. The only real issue for me right now with the Deus would be getting the tones to where they are more definite or separated better. this is just something that I haven't ironed out in my head as how to tackle it in a manner that I understand. I like the sounds better with the 14kz but want to hunt more in the higher freqs. For the wife and I, Deus rules
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    Take a wild guess! Lol!
    3200 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yep. Even for Deus power users who love Equinox, I do not see anyone (me included) getting rid of their Deus (at least not the HF coils). Plus I think XP may have some tricks up their sleeve for those white coils in the future. I got the Equinox for all weather/water/beach hunting and it has not disappointed, it has also proven itself as a worthy relic and coin machine. But Deus HF beats it in weight/ergonomics, compact travel and grab n go form factor, low profile detecting (not wanting to bring attention to yourself), and super thick iron unmasking.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Mar 2018
    4 times
    I actually just added the Deus to my collection including the 600 Nox. Just started with it, but it does have more options than the Nox and I think I will like it a great deal.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Xp Deus ,aka sorex pro, I have owned ctx 30/30,racer2,nokta fors core,at pro,tesoro cortes.
    5022 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Two good tools to have.
    1781 Half reale, Spanish cob, 1802 1 Real
    1740 King George,Vermont state copper 178?
    1853 Trime
    1851 Large cent,1840 large cent
    6lb canon ball
    3 x N.C sunburst, Confederate block I coat,block I cuff
    S.C button
    Regiment Artillerists button 1811-1813
    Union Naval shell fuse
    Eagle I button,Eagle over canon button 1812
    Colonial cuff links intact
    1860 Indian Head fatty, 1859 fatty indian head
    1743 King George
    1861 Indian Head fatty
    1869 V nickel
    1902 Barber quarter, 1939 Walking half Dollar
    XP deus CTX 30/30
    Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    11598 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Dang it! I can still only swing one machine at a time!

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Xp Deus ,aka sorex pro, I have owned ctx 30/30,racer2,nokta fors core,at pro,tesoro cortes.
    5022 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You would be dangerous swinging two at a time. lol
    dirtlooter likes this.
    1781 Half reale, Spanish cob, 1802 1 Real
    1740 King George,Vermont state copper 178?
    1853 Trime
    1851 Large cent,1840 large cent
    6lb canon ball
    3 x N.C sunburst, Confederate block I coat,block I cuff
    S.C button
    Regiment Artillerists button 1811-1813
    Union Naval shell fuse
    Eagle I button,Eagle over canon button 1812
    Colonial cuff links intact
    1860 Indian Head fatty, 1859 fatty indian head
    1743 King George
    1861 Indian Head fatty
    1869 V nickel
    1902 Barber quarter, 1939 Walking half Dollar
    XP deus CTX 30/30
    Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer Have owned Minlab E-trac, Tesoro Tejon, BH-505 Whites 6000 Di Garrett ADS 2,3 and 7
    2132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Dang it! I can still only swing one machine at a time!
    Problem solved...just add your detectors!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dummies.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	1591670
    Dig till you drop!

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    1088 times
    Hey Dirt,
    I'm in your wife's camp.
    I won't be buying a NOX anytime soon.
    My Deus has all and more than I need.
    I don't get to salt water beaches and for fresh water hunting I have a kit if I decide to go.
    All my other detectors just sit in a dark closet and collect dust.
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    6673 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDog View Post
    Hey Dirt,
    I'm in your wife's camp.
    I won't be buying a NOX anytime soon.
    My Deus has all and more than I need.
    I don't get to salt water beaches and for fresh water hunting I have a kit if I decide to go.
    All my other detectors just sit in a dark closet and collect dust.
    hunted two days with the Nox and was totally worn out. it is a very good machine but....today, I was able to hunt longer in the heat, even with the sore arm and found....silver X 2 with the HF coil at 54 kz . will post those finds later this evening when the wife can help me with the pics. I dug a lot of smaller stuff with the 54 kz that didn't hit as well with the lower freqs. I was pretty certain that I was digging trash but wanted to see the difference. I had been checking every hit with all three freqs before digging just to see because they hit higher at 54kz. I was getting pull rings that hit in mid to upper 80s but would drop way down in 14kz. However, I was hot and tired when I hit the silver, just dug two targets that turned out to be an eraser end and a pull tab. So I didn't check this signal with all three freqs. ended up with 2 silvers and a nickel after getting a piece of iron out 1st. The 54 kz nailed the targets no problem under roots at about 5 inches. At 54kz, the nickel, the last target in the hole, still rang up fairly high in the tone.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Feb 2014
    Lowcountry, South Carolina
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800, Deus XP, Garrett Pro Pointer
    3872 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    I think most serious water hunters swing the Deus inland and the Ctx in the water... I added the NOX to hopefully replace the heavy CTX, but honesty the jury is still out on weather it can compete with ole faithful. I'll do a review once I have 100 hours.
    2018 Best Coins

-1721 Rosa Americana
    -1727-1760 KGII
    -1781 1 Real
    -1783 Nova Constellatio
    -1786 1/2 Real
    -1797 1 Real
    -1805, 1816 Large Cent
    -1859, 1888 IHP
    -1867 Shield Nickle

Oldest Coin To Date: 1607 Philip III 1/2 Real Cob

2018 Best Relics

-82nd Regiment of Foot
    -1812 Rifleman Regiment
    -1819 Navy officer button
    -1820 Patriotic cockade button
    -1660-1720 buckle
    -1500-1650 strap buckle pair
    -Pewter pipe fragment
    -SC militia button
    -General service eagles

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4468 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    First time out on the beach with the Deus I found a silver ring. First time out with the 800 I found a 14k gold wedding band. So I’m happy with both detectors. I prefer the overall compact lightness of the Deus though as dirtlooter refers to.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    6673 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    First time out on the beach with the Deus I found a silver ring. First time out with the 800 I found a 14k gold wedding band. So I’m happy with both detectors. I prefer the overall compact lightness of the Deus though as dirtlooter refers to.
    what settings did you use for the Deus, was the silver very deep? I see the Brits beach hunting with the Deus and they manage to find coins, gold and silver.

Jul 2016
    Montana
    Garrett AT Pro
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI Digger View Post
    I think most serious water hunters swing the Deus inland and the Ctx in the water... I added the NOX to hopefully replace the heavy CTX, but honesty the jury is still out on weather it can compete with ole faithful. I'll do a review once I have 100 hours.
    looking forward to your review...
    dirtlooter likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links