Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I have been thinking about trying the 9.5" x 5" HF elliptical for quite some time.
Now we have a X35 series coming out. Was wondering if XP will make a X35 9.5" x 5" coil.
I didn't see one in the pics that I have seen, but that doesn't mean they might not be working on one.
Was wondering if I should wait for it to come out, or just buy the white one.
There are no gold nuggets in my area, but I just figured the 9.5 x 5 might give better separation over the 9", and maybe a higher freq might help with finding those tiny, thin, on edge coins/relics.
This X35 series sure took me by surprise, seems like just a year ago we got the HF coils.
Sure would hate to buy the elliptical HF coil, and then have the x35 come out 6 months from now, and regret it.
Any ideas, suggestions.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see them doing that with the HF elliptical coil out there. The HF coil does operate at 13 khz minimum, so it is really not that far off depth wise from even the new LF coils, though boost transmit mode at 3.7 to 4 khz on the new X35 LF coils is interesting if you want to go for deep silver. They are just revamping their standard 3 "LF" coils. If you want the elliptical, I would just get the HF one. If you want a 9" round, then the X35 9" LF coil MIGHT be worth waiting for vs. getting the white HF since it does go up to 27.7 KHZ

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari, aka Hugh, aka ya'll, of course you know I have the HF coil. I don't see much of an advantage to getting another coil? Anything in it for me? The old, sick toad?

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't see them doing that with the HF elliptical coil out there. The HF coil does operate at 13 khz minimum, so it is really not that far off depth wise from even the new LF coils, though boost transmit mode at 3.7 to 4 khz on the new X35 LF coils is interesting if you want to go for deep silver. They are just revamping their standard 3 "LF" coils. If you want the elliptical, I would just get the HF one. If you want a 9" round, then the X35 9" LF coil MIGHT be worth waiting for vs. getting the white HF since it does go up to 27.7 KHZ
Thanks V. I have the old 9 inch, and I like using it as well as my 11". Each coil has its place.
Been hearing lots of good stuff about the HF Elliptical, and have been wanting to try it.
I remember it took XP a little longer to come out with the elliptical when they first released the HF line of coils, so I was just wondering if they would do the same with their X35 line.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari, aka Hugh, aka ya'll, of course you know I have the HF coil. I don't see much of an advantage to getting another coil? Anything in it for me? The old, sick toad?

The ONLY thing that might make sense for you is that for Culpeper now that you can operate the coil at 4khz with TX power less than 3, you MIGHT be able to penetrate the mineralization a little deeper, but the HF elliptical still rules in the thick iron EVEN with the mineralization like your fav spot down there that has the goodies hidden in all the ration can trash. In normal soil that thing will be DEEP for silver with TX BOOST mode and it DOES have our favorite relic frequency 28 khz. The 11" looks interesting to me because of those features I mentioned and the 11" ground coverage for large areas.

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Picker, my 2 cents- I've had the elliptical HF coil for a while now and honestly unless I'm picking the bones from the bones on a pounded site, I stick to my standard 9 in. In clean soil, I find that the HF is to good on hitting the smallest targets (sounds like a good problem), however after digging a trench to find a pin sized piece of lead or foil at depth it can get frustrating. For me, the HF has its place to confirm I haven't missed anything, although I think the 9 offers better feedback on target depth and size in full tones.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In clean soil, I find that the HF is to good on hitting the smallest targets (sounds like a good problem), however after digging a trench to find a pin sized piece of lead or foil at depth it can get frustrating.
Thanks for commenting Bud. I see how that could be aggravating.
Sometimes when using the LF coils, I go after those faint whisper tones and dig a deep plug, and then I end up finding the tiniest piece of lead/brass/etc in the top couple inches of the plug.
With the HF coils I would have to look forward to chasing those tiny specs even deeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread