hf coil video in the head to head section..

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I saw the video somewhere else today. Very interesting coming from a Deus owner and with around 30 hrs on that machine. My comment is, I wonder what the comparison and results would be using the LF coil using say 4kHz or 8kHz. After using some of you're guys settings, I'm seeing great separation as well as depth. As a side note: On the board I noticed your swing looked more narrow than most would actually search with especially with the nox but overall I enjoyed the test.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The swing was narrowed on both machines just for testing purposes. The Nox would eat the LF coils up on mid to low conducters.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, I'll put the HF round coil on in non relic sites. I have sites where it would be better to run 8 KHz. Looking for deep silver. I realize you run the HF coil for relics. I like both coils. My ground is very mild mineralization so I'll test both. Old schools, HF then go back in 8 kHz with the HF. I've got your settings. Thanks.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Another great video CD
I was worried that I needed to spend another $800, but now maybe not.
I don't do much water hunting (nox?) and almost never salt, so the Deus water kit is all I need....
Thank you for keeping us in the know...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread