5.2 Non Beta is released!

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6FD842F8-4AFC-402B-9AFC-CCA760664ED7.jpeg

5.2 is out. Gonna test it today!

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got the Deus with the 9" LF coil and the 9" HF. In 4.1. Is there an advantage to upgrade if I'm planning on staying with these coils? I like the way things are going now but if the update fixes anything I'd be interested. Thanks.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just updated... went smooth... now just waiting for my new coils to arrive on Thursday to try them out with 5.2... elliptical and 11"x35... got rid of the 9"x35 since I already own the 9" hf coil...

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Idk if anyone can help me or not. I think I was on the v4.0 with my hf coil. I upgraded to the 5.2 I thought and it didnt seem right. I use full tones. I like to listen to the iron when I get in it. I run disc 5.5, iron 1 or 2, silencer-1, sens 93, audio 5, overload 1.. I shld hear the iron I thought with that setting but I dont. It's like a popping noise or canceling out noise. Then i tried download the 4.1 when it gets to the coil download it ask me if this is my coil and it's not and doesnt give me and option to choose. Then I go back to the 5.2 something. Idk what's going on I wished I never updated or am i just doing something wrong

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk if anyone can help me or not. I think I was on the v4.0 with my hf coil. I upgraded to the 5.2 I thought and it didnt seem right. I use full tones. I like to listen to the iron when I get in it. I run disc 5.5, iron 1 or 2, silencer-1, sens 93, audio 5, overload 1.. I shld hear the iron I thought with that setting but I dont. It's like a popping noise or canceling out noise. Then i tried download the 4.1 when it gets to the coil download it ask me if this is my coil and it's not and doesnt give me and option to choose. Then I go back to the 5.2 something. Idk what's going on I wished I never updated or am i just doing something wrong

The hf coil doesn't show up on any of the updates... so if you want to roll back to 4.1 just go through the process or stick with 5.2..

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O ok I didnt know that. With these settings I shld be able to hear the iron like the grunt noise instead of a pop that sounds like it being canceled. Disc 5.5 full tones, silencer-1, iron volume 1 or2. I shld be able to hear the grunting noises

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, if you are using full tones and have ANY discrimination setting >0 then you are not going to hear any iron below that discrimination setting. Iron volume DOES NOT WORK in full tones. If I am using full tones, then I usually run with no discrimination (i.e., I set it somewhere between -6.4 to 0, typically -6.4). If you want iron volume then you have to use either multi-tones (2, 3, 4, or 5 tones) or pitch.

It is for this reason that I use Pitch or 5 tones if I am in a situation where I want to use discrimination (usually I set it at 10) to avoid ferrous down averaging of non-ferrous targets. Calabash Digger and I were full tones zealots until we separately discovered "pitch mode" based on a suggestion by a UK hunter who posted here a couple of years ago. Using Pitch mode relic hunting (or multi-tones when coin shooting) with discrimination is a great unmasker because it eliminates ferrous down averaging (which occurs when no disc is applied). I now only use full tones when I want to hear it all and I have gotten so used to running with no disc in full tones or with iron volume in multi-tones/pitch that I cannot stand NOT hearing the iron by using any discrimination greater than 0 in full tones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know why mine was clicking on some iron. You need to run lower than zero disc to hear some of the tougher iron. Im good now.

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be crazy but i think 5.2 also tweaked the discrim a little.. i dont think i had to go into negative numbers to get a good iron tone before the update. Its fine i dont mind but i did pull allot of iron today before realizing i was not getting an iron buzz on some 1800’s iron because i didnt have it setup correctly. I hunt zero disc now ill just be hunting in the negatives. Like hearing the iron. Tells me where the action is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread