Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: XP DEUS HIGH END NOTCH...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackerman View Post
    I don't need to clear the terminalogy .. don't disc or notch if you wanna find the goods.. I'm not a noob. Been doing this since the 70's and have used most machines. Are you calling me out because you think I'm uneducated or to make yourself look better? Just curious. I'm a simple guy and really don't care if you wanna get technical but would that not be better served on a new subject? Like before calling me out for not being so technical just wait to see if people start having questions over my comments then start a new thread? Lmao. Obviously my buddy didn't hear the dime due to whatever was in the ground with the dime, like 7 nails, was pulling the id down into the NOTCH range he was using.. same as my nox as it registered 15 . I read what you said to my buddy. He laughed .. he just took my advice and removed all his notched out numbers and lowered disc.. he don't care about the technical stuff. I do honestly but don't usually bring it up much as my buddies just wanna hunt and find goodies.. V I do read and like your posts and feel they are informative but just wonder why you feel the need to try and enlighten me on the way detectors work..
    Yep, sorry if it came off as preachy. Wasn't trying to be or to call you out specifically as I gathered you know the diff, I was posting for all the lurkers who don't post and ask questions but try to get all the information they can off these boards so they can attempt to learn how to use this fairly complex detector better. It's not about you but for them so they don't go off mistakenly thinking the two settings behave the same. I think I have a pretty good handle on these machines, but still manage to learn a ton off these boards as long as the info is accurate, so that is why I DO pay attention to the terminology and to try and explain the why's behind the whats. Based on the PM thanks and post likes I receive, I think most people are appreciative and get something out of than get annoyed and offended so I am going to keep trying to contribute and learn and hopefully not get too many people bent out of shape when I do it. One of the few times I've torqued someone when we are both in agreement over the issue (i.e., don't notch) but as Abe said, you can't please all the people... Thanks and I'll try to remember to steer clear of the third rail next time. Lol. HH (and fishin' in your case), Bill.

Vf
    Last edited by vferrari; Oct 10, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

May 2008
    XP Deus
    603 times
    Basstrackerman, that was a great example of the dangers of using Notch. And it doesn't just impact the numbers you notch out. The notch isn't that crisp and will affect VDIs outside both edges of the notch...especially on weak signals. And V, I always appreciate you taking the time to break things down and explain some of the more technical aspects of the subject matter.

us
    Dec 2012
    New Orleans
    White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
    193 times
    Relic Hunting
    Agree with Jeff H! I've learned so much from Vf as he does make the tremendous effort to thoroughly explain every issue. His writing is incredible, and a perfect match to CD's incredible videos. We are very lucky to be the recipients of their valuable efforts!
    jdiggs_treasure and HuntinDog like this.

us
    ~The Cane Field Bandits~

Oct 2007
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
    596 times
    Relic & Coin Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great post. Never notch. Most times, in my area anyway, flat iron will read 92 for what ever reason but it definitely has a tone all its own that I can distinguish from a true 92 goody.
    vferrari and calabash digger like this.
    2018 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    1782 2 Reales
    177?, 179?, 180?, 1805 and 1810 Half Reales
    1834 Capped Bust Half Dime
    1840-O(?), two 1851-O's, two 1853-O's, 1854-O, 1858-O and 1860 Seated Half Dime
    1844 and 1859-S Seated Dimes
    1850 Large Cent
    1881 Canadian Large Cent
    M1767 French Marine Grenadier Sword
    c. 1837 Allen & Thurber Pepperbox Pistol
    Pelican Civil War Button
    U.S. Bit Boss
    3 Eagle Buttons
    Staff Officer Cuff and Cavalry Cuff Buttons
    14K gold and 10K menís wedding rings and four silver rings
    Monogrammed Silver Shirt Collar Button
    1876-S and 1891 Seated Liberty Quarters
    1919 and 1928-D Standing Liberty Quarters
    1941 and 1953-D Washington Quarters
    1943 and 1944 Silver War Nickels
    Civil War bullets and a shoulder scale button
    Utah ghost town token
    Union Pacific railroad lock
    1869 and 1871 Shield Nickels and dateless Shield Nickels
    V Nackles, Beefalo knuckles and Gaw Gag

OUR 2017 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ts-photos.html
    OUR 2016 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post5286759
    OUR 2015 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...what-year.html
    OUR 2014 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...lots-pics.html
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links