X35 OF HF COIL????

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video.. yeah I never used the 54kHz so it was a no brainier the x35 goes up to 27.7kHz and is very stable. And is picking up Indians and buffalos where I've been quite alot over the years.. the deus and the nox are cleaning up.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Im still using an 11" LF coil. Im assuming these coils are a big step up? Help me justify the purchase please.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still using an 11" LF coil. Im assuming these coils are a big step up? Help me justify the purchase please.

LF Legacy vs. new LF X35 XP Deus Coils

It is always hard to justify spending an additional $400 for a new XP coil so I will not try to do that but just denote the differences between the new X35 coil and the legacy LF coils.

Legacy LF coils had some disadvantages from the get go related to restrictions on frequency coverage and transmit power. Specifically the legacy coils can operate at 4 discrete frequencies - 4 khz, 8 khz, 12 khz, and 18 khz. You can shift frequencies from those base frequencies a bit (+/-200 HZ or so) but if you do shift frequency, then transmit power is locked at TX 2. 4 Khz cannot be frequency shifted at all and TX power is locked at TX 3 which could be a bad thing with a low coil battery (will deplete faster at TX 3), in high EMI situations or if you are trying to hunt in highly mineralized soil.

By contrast, the X35 coils can operate at 5 base frequencies, 4 khz, 8 khz, 12 khz, 18 khz, and 25 khz. In addition, you can shift frequencies over a wider range 3.7 to 4.4kHz, 7.1 to 8.4kHz, 10.5 to 12.4kHz, 15.2 to 17.8kHz, 23.5 to 27.7kHz compared to the legacy coils and you can adjust TX power for all frequencies (including shifted frequencies) without restriction. In addition the 3.7 to 4.4. kHz frequency range has a selectable Tx power boost mode to enable some potentially added depth performance depending on the target and site conditions. The 25 khz range is what I consider a sweet spot frequency for relic hunting, especially mid-conductive brass buttons. I have predominantly used my HF coil, set at 28 khz, as my go to relic setup until I got an X35 coil, which I am still experimenting with.

I think XP has incorporated some lessons learned from the White HF coils into the x35 coils to make them a little more noise immune than their legacy LF cousins.

Otherwise, the X35's have a similar internal coil battery system like the LF legacy coils, vs. the user replaceable external battery (which hides in the coil lower stem rod) for the HF coils.

The other Ver 5.X software improvements involve an increased number of user parameters that you can now adjust on the wireless headphones without having to use the remote and the new software features improved communications with the wireless pinpointer.

So basically, the X35 coil has the potential for greater maximum detection depth at low frequency vs. the legacy LF coil and adds the relic/gold centric frequency of ~25 khz to the coil.

HTH

Last edited:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the in depth (no pun intended) reply. Now to decide if I want to go with the X35 or the HF. I primarily hunt nail and iron infested crop fields/rows. Masking of course is a problem that I seek to over come. I definitely see now that I will benefit from an upgrade to either. Again, thanks for the helpful reply.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
After watching your video again I think I'm going to go with the HF. Because i primarily hunt nail infested relic sites. Thanks Calabash digger.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching your video again I think I'm going to go with the HF. Because i primarily hunt nail infested relic sites. Thanks Calabash digger.

Good choice.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Calabash digger and vferrari, I've decided on the HF coil. Would you go with the 9" or elliptical? I watched a video Calabash did and it appears the 9" round did better at unmasking than the elliptical did. This is a plus as I hunt a lot of nail and small iron infested areas but I like the idea of the elliptical getting in to tight spaces such as up against sugar cane and soybean stubble. Thank you both for your valued opinions and helping me make these choices. I will be ordering Monday.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never really clicked with the eliptical. The round was deeper in my soil and I like the way it swings better. The round sounds off on targets different too. I like the way it sounds off better too. Some love the eliptical too and I might pick up another one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good video Calabash. I have 2 coils for my Deus. The 9" HF and the 9" LF. You helped me decide on this machine a few months back. I hunted an old home place yesterday and used 54 khz for the first time in a hunt with the HF. I was really happy with how smooth it ran. Thanks for the opinion on the coils.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bash, love the video, thank you! Couple things, that room your in looked about empty yet you hand your poles on the ceiling to save space? LOL just messin with ya, seriously, I got 4 coils and now am thinking I should sell 1 or 2.....x35 in my future?

Jim

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really can’t go wrong with either HF coil. They are like using a scalpel vs a knife compared to the LF or x35 coils. Especially the elliptical coil. There is slightly less depth with the elliptical compared to the HF round but in iron or trash infestation the elliptical is amazing! Personally I like the elliptical but I hunt a lot in woods and jungle with tons of iron. When I need to swing over leaves or grass (more than 3” above the dirt) I use the HF round. It’s better when your coil isn’t close to the soil.

Last edited:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've decided to get the 9" HF, sell my 11" low freq and also get the X35.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got done with a remodel and have not filled it back up yet.X35 would suit you well.
Bash, love the video, thank you! Couple things, that room your in looked about empty yet you hand your poles on the ceiling to save space? LOL just messin with ya, seriously, I got 4 coils and now am thinking I should sell 1 or 2.....x35 in my future?

Jim

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XP Deus X35 11" coil is the cats meow in my areas I hunt. It is for sure more stable that the older coils and i believe that gives me a bit better target ID and depth.

I will give it a few more months to see for sure. I may need to swap back and forth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread