Mens Titanium Ring

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I found one once...
I'll look to see if I can locate it.
Couple of questions...
Is it a recent drop?
what frequency ?
what program?
and normalized or not?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machine are you using I gound one at high 50s on the AT

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
XP Deus, 11" LF coil or 9" HF coil, recently lost, 12 or 18khz on the of or 28 on the Hf coul.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has relatively poor conductivity so it should ring up less than gold or aluminum. I would say in the 40's at the frequencies you mentioned (maybe 50 or 60s at 28 khz). Since it is a recent drop, go ahead and turn sensitivity down into the 80's to avoid picking up deeper targets. Using the HF coil at 28 khz coil and in pitch mode might be your best bet. Since it is hard to pin down the exact TID without having a twin as a test target (the actual TID would be dependent on the actual size and alloy composition of the ring), I would not notch anything out for fear of notching out the actual target). Using discrimination is ok as long as you keep iron volume audible. Good luck.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 28kHz freq using the HF coil you should expect a titanium ring to show 60 to 70 depending on the size of the ring. It will sound just like modern trash, which is why they are hard to find in trashy parks.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a few on my ATP and they were right in the mid 60s....pretty much gold

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
at 28kHz freq using the HF coil you should expect a titanium ring to show 60 to 70 depending on the size of the ring. It will sound just like modern trash, which is why they are hard to find in trashy parks.

Thank you. Somebody else with a Deus said 62-64 (on another forum) using the LF coil. I was getting pull tabs with those numbers and actually thought he was pulling my leg lol. your reply confirms that one does in fact ring up in the 60s on the Deus. I am grateful for the reply. Cheers!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It has relatively poor conductivity so it should ring up less than gold or aluminum. I would say in the 40's at the frequencies you mentioned (maybe 50 or 60s at 28 khz). Since it is a recent drop, go ahead and turn sensitivity down into the 80's to avoid picking up deeper targets. Using the HF coil at 28 khz coil and in pitch mode might be your best bet. Since it is hard to pin down the exact TID without having a twin as a test target (the actual TID would be dependent on the actual size and alloy composition of the ring), I would not notch anything out for fear of notching out the actual target). Using discrimination is ok as long as you keep iron volume audible. Good luck.

Thank you for the helpful reply. I will try your suggestions! Cheers! HH

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have found a few in different sizes and that metal does act very similar to gold...maybe it runs a little lower but close to similar sized lower karat gold pieces.
Also, like gold, they will come in at numbers corresponding to their size and weight.

The one below is pretty chunky, came in as a dead on nickel signal.

Attachments

• titanium (5).jpg
    titanium (5).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 128

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread