X35 coil does it again KG III

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a few hours today before it snows the next couple of days. Yippie..:( I've been at this site numerous times since we found it a month ago. My buddy and I have found 4 or 5 largies, one the other day a 1833 looked amazing. I have never seen one come out of the ground that looked that good. If I get a picture of it from him I'll add it later. I have been trying all sorts of settings to try to get the most out of this site. My general settings are full tones, 12K, tx 2, sens 90, react 2, silencer -1, disc between 6.5 to 9.0, iron vol. 1 or 2.. Listening to all the iron can get mind numbing sometimes so I take mini breaks. today I tried pitch and it is hard to get used to as it sounds off on everything but iron so I have to constantly look at the scree to see what the TID's are. I found 2 buttons that i now can't locate, lol, but then I changed the tx to 3, lowered the sens to 85, and upped the react to 3. bingo! I had to go slower than normal but i really started to get in between the iron. Those little objects are a mystery to me. I think the one is some sort of button but if you have any idea what the other 2 might be just chime in please. I wonder if the fork is really old or not. It is silver plated but is easy to bend unlike lots of other silver plated silverware i have found. As you can see the KG III it really corroded but it was great to see come out of the ground. This is the first new style Crotal bell that I have found or is it a Jingle Bell? lol
PB080128.JPG PB080137.JPG PB080131.JPG PB080132.JPG PB080133.JPG PB080134.JPG

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Looks like a great hunt...
Your fork looks like an old one and your button looking thing is a collar stud/button.
The thing on the right of the two I've seen before but can't remember what it was ID'd as.
Wish I had a place to hunt with Largies!!!
Congrats on a great hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old relics and cool old copper! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 11 inch Mark. I just got the 9 inch x35 and can't wait to see what it might be able to do at this iron infested site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread