X35 9" kills it in heavy iron with pitch. Calabash you are the MAN!!

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All this time I have seen the Calabash showing us the pitch program but I just couldn't let go of my full tones. I have now!!! It took me about 4 times out and about 5 hours each day to get in tune with it but you will see here what I dug up with it.
25K, X 35 9" coil, 7.5 disc, reactivity between 2, 2.5 and 3 sometimes, sens 90, TX3.
I have to go S L O W but the stuff is in there between all the iron. The coil is quiet and stable for sure.
The first pic is from a farm house. Heal plate, 2 roached V nickles and a Will Rogers token from 1935. The crazy small buttons were from the site that we have pounded of late and found largies, Candaian largies, 2 cent piece, IH's and more but these little babies didn't escape the 9" X35 pitch program. On the backs of these say rich colour. Hard to believe that they could even fit anything to put on there. For sure from the 1820's to 1830's. The loops on the back are still intact too.
PB120153.jpg PB120155.jpg PB120161.jpg

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
does it feel like you now have another machine with this option?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your killing it!

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt... congrats

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks to you CD. thanks to you.

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds!
Hoping the weather holds out long enough for me to get to one of my iron littered permissions.
I am so used to full tones with disc at -6.4 that Calabash's pitch (disc 7.5) feels too quiet to me. Going to keep working with it though. I'm convinced the results are worth it.

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cd... would you work this site with 7.5 disc? lower disc? no disc? minus disc? when I tried to run with no disc iron a TID of 1 or 2 will sound off in pitch so you have to look at the screen EVERYTIME so that's why i tried 7.5 thanks

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would run 7.5 and iron vol 1. Indiana Mark cut your iron vol up if its to quite...I have grown to love the lower iron vol pitch over the iron tone of full tones.....Pitch will sound off on non ferrous that full tones will call so close to iron you will never hear it.

Last edited:

bado1

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, Gene! Those tiny buttons are awesome.
CD's pitch program worked well for me on my first Deus hunts. It made a Deus noob look good.
The HF coil should be here today. I'll have to lay it out in the AZ sun for a while to let it thaw 8-).

Dean

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt! Congrats!

The new XP 9" X35 coil is for sure stable! They really stepped up the game with those coils!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm being successful with the same set up! Tomorrow I will go back with the X35 and Calabashes pitch program. Awesome finds!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be using it on a freshly cleared plantation site tommorrow. I might not even be able to sleep...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X35 11" with pitch in basically an iron and aluminum infested trash dump at a CW encampment site netted me a sword scabbard tip. So yeah, I believe in pitch...

Gene - if its too quiet, turn iron volume up. I have mine set at 3. Pick a pitch frequency that works for you. Whether you have Disc at 7.5 or 10, 1's and 2's should result in iron grunts not pitch audio unless you are also simultaneously getting iron wraparound which is likely and will result in squeals and occasional high 90's TIDs. Great saves BTW.

20181117_051956.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed talking to you today !

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been a while since I been on. Good to see ya'll! Is treasurenet not in the play store apps anymore? I can't seem to find it?
In regards to the 9" x35. If it is offset at 27.7 Kz does it separate in Iron as well as the HF round coil in 28? Or, is there a difference in the way the HF coil operates? All things being equal, I would rather have the lower frequencies than the 52Kz.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread